Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Michael Shields pardoned

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I think I'm correct in saying that Liverpool would be most NSCers favourite out of 'the big four' - they're certainly mine.

:thumbsup:

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Regrading the actual case - does anyone know what this 'new' evidence was. Surely it must be more than somebody claiming to have seen a confession made by someone else?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Good news. Yet another fit up by foreign police. Convicted on questionable evidence at a dodgy trial, having had inadequate legal advice no doubt.

4 years of a young mans life wasted, purely because they wanted a scapegoat. :nono:

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Regrading the actual case - does anyone know what this 'new' evidence was. Surely it must be more than somebody claiming to have seen a confession made by someone else?

Paraphrasing a pretty long press statement from Jack Straw I've seen, it suggests that it was mainly the confession which was backed up by a number of sources that 'profoundly changed' his view of the case.

bigbadbonkingbob

Aug 21, 2006
Good news. Yet another fit up by foreign police. Convicted on questionable evidence at a dodgy trial, having had inadequate legal advice no doubt.

4 years of a young mans life wasted, purely because they wanted a scapegoat. :nono:

Absolutely. Because his alibis, those provided by the procession of his mates who apparently took it in turns to visit the room to collect keys, wallets etc and all of whom saw him having an early night while they were on the piss celebrating the fact that his team had just won one of the most spectacular European Cup finals ever, were obviously completely unimpeachable.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I assume the scally who actually confessed to doing it will be arrested and sent to Bulgaria to face a trial? After all, I assume the family of the barman is not all that chuffed at the moment as the person they thought charged and guilty turns out not to be on the say so of someone who confessed.

Or as its just johhny foreignor they can whistle?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I assume the scally who actually confessed to doing it will be arrested and sent to Bulgaria to face a trial? After all, I assume the family of the barman is not all that chuffed at the moment as the person they thought charged and guilty turns out not to be on the say so of someone who confessed.

That thought occurred to me too. I wonder what will happen...

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Good to hear. Always looked as though he was innocent, glad that it's finally been 'proven'.

Hasn't technically been proven innocent at all.

Bet that's what the Libyans were saying recently.

Don't think so. From what I heard on the radio, he made a verbal confession and then his solicitor subsequently announced he may have been talking about a separate incident!! Exactly how many other incidents were there of a barman have a concrete slab smashed on him?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here