Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Michael Owen

Flair

Flairniac
Sep 1, 2010
...will not sign for us.

‘As long as I’m wanted at a good level I will play on, but part of that is in my hands and part isn’t. I’ll wait to see what the manager says on that.'

‘If it happens, great, we’ll talk about it. If not, I’ll try to stay at a high level. I wouldn’t drop out of the Premier League. I want to stay at the top level or look at other markets, but I have four children and they’re settled in school and that’s something to weigh up.'

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Damn

lolpointer.gif

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
...will not sign for us.

‘As long as I’m wanted at a good level I will play on, but part of that is in my hands and part isn’t. I’ll wait to see what the manager says on that.'

‘If it happens, great, we’ll talk about it. If not, I’ll try to stay at a high level. I wouldn’t drop out of the Premier League. I want to stay at the top level or look at other markets, but I have four children and they’re settled in school and that’s something to weigh up.'

that means nothing on here....once someone posts on football rumors....all hell will break loose

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
...will not sign for us.

He's already dropped out of the Premier League - to a bench.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
He's already dropped out of the Premier League - to a bench.

Spot on. In his own way, Owen's lack of self-awareness is right up there with Barton's.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
It's pretty clear that these days Owen is a racehorse owner first, and a footballer second. Nice work if you can get it, picking up 50K or so a week for your secondary income.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
No one with a brain thought he WOULD sign for us.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
He needs to screw substantial sums out of bench-sitting (subs or physio's) for Man U to subsidise his racing and gambling losses, We may only be a short helicopter flight from his home in North Wales but we couldn'tafford to (and hopefully wouldn't want to) try to sign him. I simply don't see what he could possibly offer other than a distraction to young men who should be focussed on football rather than the trappings of celebrity. As long as Owen remains the new Kanchelskis I will be delighted - just as long as there is never any danger of actually signing him!

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
He's happy picking up winners medals while warming a bench and collecting his pay cheque.

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
He scraped in last season.

I don't think any Utd players got any medals this season though. Arf Arf!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here