Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Michael Owen up early

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
SSN report MO was up early this morning. Maybe he has a long ride ahead of him :eek:

headless-horseman.jpg

Last edited:

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I think I would be the only BHA fan that would not be chuffed if he signed for us. Not that I think he will!

Well past his sell by date (98) I think that was and not interested in anything other than horses IMO.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
yeah, to his stables to tend to his horses.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think I would be the only BHA fan that would not be chuffed if he signed for us. Not that I think he will!

Well past his sell by date (98) I think that was and not interested in anything other than horses IMO.
Eh? You're in the MAJORITY (unsurprisingly).

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
It's a disgrace really how that boy appears to have wasted his footballing opportunity.

Clearly where most of us love playing football, he loves collecting pay cheques.

I'd be gutted if he joined. He won't. Not just because of money but because teams like us present far too big a genuine challenge.

Owen out!

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
He's made it absolutely clear that the Premier League is where he'll be playing.

BTON ALBION

Aug 30, 2012
Woodingdean Brighton
I think he wants a team that will play in his back garden & 80k a week

Agree with this post he said he don't want to play in the championship as he still thinks he's premiership player and wants to play for a club close to where he lives so I doubt he would move this far south. Although I wouldn't mind it myself he'd bring alot to the club if he stays fit.

matt

Mar 19, 2007
As a free agent surely he can sign for anyone at any time and is not restricted by the transfer window?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
As a free agent surely he can sign for anyone at any time and is not restricted by the transfer window?

True

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I hope he doesn't find a club in England and ends up in the MTL being kicked by the thugs up there in the 3 weeks of the season he is actually fit.

Don't want him here. Not as if we need to put bums on seats or sell more shirts, which is surely the only reason to sign him? It certainly isn't for ability. That went when his pace did.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I hope he doesn't find a club in England and ends up in the MTL being kicked by the thugs up there in the 3 weeks of the season he is actually fit.

Don't want him here. Not as if we need to put bums on seats or sell more shirts, which is surely the only reason to sign him? It certainly isn't for ability. That went when his pace did.

Whatever you may feel about Michael Owen it is harsh to say what you do about his ability. Yes his pace was devastating (much like Vicente) but he has never lost his knack of finding the goal.

Last edited:

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Would be brilliant on the pitch for the games that he plays. Would be a circus off it and we're not big enough to want to deal with that, and it won't be fair on the players/manager. It's best he goes to stoke or whoever and plays his few games until retirement.

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
Would be the biggest signing bar non Brighton have ever made but it would never happen. Would easily score a goal every other game if not more. This that question his ability in my opinion are nuts.

He has let himself down a bit as he has come across arrogant- but he knows what he wants.

Brilliant player noone can or shoudl question his ability just dodgy hamstrings otherwise would of been Englands record goalscorer

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here