Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Michael Owen - death by powerpoint

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The bottom line is that it comes down to wages, and his wages are far too high.

That said, there will be takers. Harry Redknapp must be looking at this seriously, because with a bit of wheeler-dealing he could offload, Pavlyuchenko, Bent and Zokora and have money for Owen and Crouch.

Exactly: and if, as is likely, he goes on a decent run and scores a couple of goals, old 'Arry will once again loudly hail his own managerial genius for unearthing such a diamond, as if Owen was some kind of unknown, insightfully picked up from a third rate Croatian League team.
:lolol:

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
`Michael may consider a challenge away from St James`s Park`. Try `Michael can't get away from this God forsaken place fast enough`

"No team can afford my wages in the freakin' championship!"

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
79 appearances for Newcastle over 4 years, with 30 goals.

Considering the khazi team he's been playing for those stats still arn't too shabby to be fair, and he's available on a Bosman, so there's bound to be interest. But that injury record dictates he's surely going to have to take a hit on his wages and/or enter into a pay-as-you-play contract which is more bonus-based.

He's minted now anyway. It'll boil down to how much desire he still has to play in the Premier League on a more modest contract, unless there really is someone stupid enough to pick him up for a couple of years on the kind of money he's on now

(Man City ?)

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
79 appearances for Newcastle over 4 years, with 30 goals.

Considering the khazi team he's been playing for those stats still arn't too shabby to be fair, and he's available on a Bosman, so there's bound to be interest. But that injury record dictates he's surely going to have to take a hit on his wages and/or enter into a pay-as-you-play contract which is more bonus-based.

He's minted now anyway. It'll boil down to how much desire he still has to play in the Premier League on a more modest contract, unless there really is someone stupid enough to pick him up for a couple of years on the kind of money he's on now

(Man City ?)

According to that brochure he also had the highest conversion rate of shots too.

If he an accept lower wages he has to be worth a punt for any of the teams outside the top four.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
He's clearly worried about what people think of him...

Page 29: dispelling the myths about Michael Owen - he does NOT, apparently, "travel to Newcastle from his stable in Cheshire every day by helicopter"

Touchy.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I was stunned when I read this brochure as with the money in top flight football I expected a technical dosier loaded with player stats not a powerpoint presentation that looks like it was knocked up in a lunctime!

I was cringing in the brand section when towards the bottom they are running out of ideas for the boring sh*t so start using words like 'cool' and 'sophisticated'

What a load of wank

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
But he is also "good looking" remember - so the brochure says.
So he's got to be worth a hundred grand a week of anyones money on that alone, surely.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
But he is also "good looking" remember - so the brochure says.
So he's got to be worth a hundred grand a week of anyones money on that alone, surely.

Don't forget devoted, committed and sincere all of the qualities you would expect from a man at that value.

Injured all the time who cares when you have a good looking, sophisticated, cool, young, stylish, dynamic, clean and fresh player on your hands (do not forget the 0.56 goals per game ratio repeat do not forget.......................)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I personally think some middle-ranking or newly promoted team will get him as a 'marquee' signing, or a 'signing of intent', and it will all go tits up with accusations of lack of appetite etc.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Spoon

May 31, 2009
if i see another bloody exclamation mark in this pathetic brochure im gonna go crazy!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
He is a bit like the Johnny Wilkinson of Football, forever injured but you do feel if he could stay injury free it could still happen...........

NB Johnny did win a World Cup which he hasn't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here