Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Michael McIntyre

No,I haven`t heard from my `source` that we`re signing him but I`ve been reading his Autobiography and it`s one of those rare easy-reading books that is so funny in parts that I`ve had to put it down for the tears to clear in my eyes. I`m not the sort of bloke that laughs at anything but this really had me laughing out loud.It`s funnier than reading the Palace forums and for less than £4 at Asda you can`t go wrong.Just thought I would spread the joy!!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Oh, might give it a go then. I got given it last christmas but haven't bothered with it as I'm not a massive fan.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
About as funny as woodworm in a cripples crutch imho

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I have to have been stranded on a desert island with absolutely nothing else to read, or do, to even consider picking up that twat's autobiography. And even then I'd wait a few months before delving in, in the hope that a better read might float past on a piece of driftwood.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Why is he a "twat" ?

I think he's one of the better stand-ups. Doesn't rely on a string of expletives to be funny either.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I never ever find books laugh out loud funny, don't know why but never found it a medium I engaged with enough to actually audibly laugh. Except for Russell Brands booky wooks, which are utterly hilarious.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Why is he a "twat" ?

I think he's one of the better stand-ups. Doesn't rely on a string of expletives to be funny either.

Doesn't rely on much else either as far as I can tell, just don't get what people find amusing about him - far rather have Sean Lock or John Bishop.

Stephen Fry's book was good though :thumbsup:

generation x

its in the blood
Nov 24, 2007
I can't tell you why for sure but I just find him very annoying. I got given his book - never opened and pulped it.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
It's just a very enjoyable read-not too demanding. Quite good for the summer when there's no footie.

As I don't find his stand up funny then I'm not inclined to pick up, let alone buy, his autobiography.

The reason for the thread was really for those people who do like Michael McIntyre and may not know, as I didn`t until I saw it, that he had a book out and if you enjoy his humour then you will probably find it very funny.As you don`t like him the thread obviously wasn`t aimed at you so I don`t know why you bothered to comment, you miserable sod.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Watched one of his roadshows on the Comedy Channel the other night, and his observations about mobile phone numbers, revolving doors and handshake etiquette had me laughing out loud.
I dunno, maybe I'm easily pleased.

Nickols4

May 25, 2011
Dorking, Surrey.
The funniest autobiography I've ever read. He seems a genuine guy who really doesn't take himself too seriously. Having said all this, I can see why certain people don't warm to him.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Oh, might give it a go then. I got given it last christmas but haven't bothered with it as I'm not a massive fan.

Started reading it last week, and yes, it is pretty entertaining. About half way through now.

Sloe Joe

Oct 7, 2010
He's irritating to watch, if only he'd get cramp or shin spilints or bust his achilles, he might be funny.
Just stop moving about as if you're on some heroin fix

Brighton M

Banned
Sep 22, 2006
Lancing
Why is he a "twat" ?

The problem is he's become so big, that instead of people saying "actually, he's not my cup of tea" they decide he's a twat.

I think he's good, but a bit overexposed - don't need to see quite as much of him!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here