Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Michael McIntyre

What do you reckon?

• Total voters

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Terrible and smug with it.

The sort of comedian that people who are not into stand-up comedy like. The comedy equivilent of 'rock' bands like Nickleback.

Someone the girl from your office can go and see with her boyfriend and claim she is into comedy.

That's a terribly sixth-form analysis, smug and would be elititist, but ending up making you look like a self-satisfied tit.

I find him McIntyre annoying, but his actual material is alright.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I agree Voroshilov. I am up for a debate but cannot being told I am stupid and ignorant for finding someone funny. If I find him funny, I find him funny. End of story.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Funny guy in my opinion. As with Icy Gull the man drawer sketch was almost perfectly describing the draw to the left of my kitchen sink - right down to the old takeaway menus from places you've moved away from and a random mixed up selection of new and dead batteries.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
He is absolutely hilarious. He is the funniest man around at the moment, and is absolutely brilliant. Wooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh, your sex is on fireeeeeee. Classic. :thumbsup:

"..... and then he reached into his pocket... and pulled out a book". :laugh:

Sorry but if you think he is the funniest man around then you have problems. I am not bothered if you find him funny but there are plenty of comedians who are better, Frankie Boyle for one.

As for 'cool to slag off', I first saw him on Mock the Week (and first time I had heard of him) and thought then that his delivery was annoying and every time I have seen him since my opinion hasn't changed. However, just for the record, I had the same opinion of Russell Howard when I first saw him but now I think he has developed and matured into a very good comedian.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Another "cool to slag off" victim. The guy is excellent at what he does and I have no wish to join the "cool gang" thanks

I've seen Richie's attempt at stand up and I know which I prefer, it's not the one who relys on a bit of swearing and smut

I've seen plenty of people from here try and play football but just because they were bad dosn't mean they shouldn't be allowed to criticise the likes of Kerry Mayo...

The only bit of McIntyre's set I laughed at was his bit about waiting for a train and then trying to get on, but then once you are on, trying to not make room for everyone else.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Voroshilov calling someone smug, self-satisfied and elitist - funnier than an entire Michael McIntyre tour.

And comedians are normally 'cool to slag off' because they're shit. Don't overcomplicate the analysis.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I went for mildly amusing.

Not the best but not the worst either.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Another "cool to slag off" victim.

That does seem to be the way of things these days, whether it's comedy, politics or music.

Personally, I think he's excellent, one of the best new comedians to come along in a long time. But that's my opinion, why should anyone share my sense of humour. What I don't understand is why it bothers people so much. If you don't find him funny, what's the problem, you know where the off switch is.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
What I don't understand is why it bothers people so much. If you don't find him funny, what's the problem, you know where the off switch is.
Who does it really bother? It seems to me it's just a bunch of people expressing an opinion, with Gareth getting all stroppy again because someone dared to suggest MM panders to the Daily Mail readers brigade.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
i find his material quite funny, it's just him and his delivery i can't stand. and the deliberate flopping about of his hair do!

My feelings exactly. Watched his stand up and the material and observations were very clever (liked the bit about frisking yourself when someone asks for a pen) but he delivers the lines with irritation and shaking his head about so his floppy Hugh Grant hair gets full animation. Perhaps he should write material for another comedian to deliver!

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
He’s not funny to me. Too smug by half and a voice which sounds like Audrey from corrie. That in itself is enough to reach for the off switch.

As for other comedians mentioned on here.

I can’t stand Russell ‘did I mention, I had a lazy eye’ Howard
Frankie Boyle makes me laugh more than most on TV especially during the Things people wouldn’t say on Mock the Week.

I watched Jack Dee and Reginald D hunter the other night on Dave. My type of humour.

Comedians, though, are as someone mentioned earlier like music. Any X factor song gets to number 1 in the charts but you can guarantee I will find it shite.

P.S : As I don’t like MM, Am I now cool? Can I join a club? Do I win £5?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here