Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Michael Jackson Dead!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I am mildly upset that he has died, more than I thought I would be - I shall not be wearing a veil tomorrow and I daresay I will not be having a minutes silence, but you were making crass allegations (that have been quashed, legally) when the guy was dying or dead. I am over it. I suggest you find some sort of morality that is far beyond that of a ten year old with an attention deficit disorber.

reference to a 10 year old relevant?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I am mildly upset that he has died, more than I thought I would be - I shall not be wearing a veil tomorrow and I daresay I will not be having a minutes silence, but you were making crass allegations (that have been quashed, legally) when the guy was dying or dead. I am over it. I suggest you find some sort of morality that is far beyond that of a ten year old with an attention deficit disorber.

Technically the original allegations never got to court BOF. We'll probably never know.

Sadly in my mind, he'll be an example of the very negative aspects of fame.

Old Greg

It's Choade My Dear
Feb 5, 2008
Quintessential character in 21st century life on many levels, from the facade of the plastic surgery, to the hounding by the press and the witch hunt by the public, undoubtedly will never be forgotten and always considered a music legend.

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
I guess this is all we are going to hear about over the next couple of weeks.

I broke the news to my friend who is a massive fan and got tickets and she is devistated.

Im not exactly a big fan of his but he was a genius and i am very suprised by tonights news.

He will most certainly go down as an Elvis of our generation.

smalldino

Feb 25, 2009
Littlehampton

hey i just dont care either way, he has done nothing for years except wear a face mask. yes he made some great(not good) songs but he is not in the same league as an elvis or a lennon(john not aaron) the court cases tainted him, and lets be honest IF he did do anything to those kids $$ can be a lot of help thats all i am saying if i upset anyone so be it. i am big enough to take the flak but i believe that in the morning everything will continue and the top 40 is still scheduled for sunday

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
hey i just dont care either way, he has done nothing for years except wear a face mask. yes he made some great(not good) songs but he is not in the same league as an elvis or a lennon(john not aaron) the court cases tainted him, and lets be honest IF he did do anything to those kids $$ can be a lot of help thats all i am saying if i upset anyone so be it. i am big enough to take the flak but i believe that in the morning everything will continue and the top 40 is still scheduled for sunday

I have always felt that he had a very difficult life and was not 100% there. He had massive amounts of fame early on and there were various reports that he changed himself to distance himself from an abusive father. I think he is only guilty of being out of the ordinary and an easy target as opposed to anything else.

Whether or not he is up there with Lennon or Elvis is a personal choice, but his records didn't do too badlly.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
so do you wear one glove

Nice. A crass joke that was not even referenced to you and you respond with an OH so witty retort. If I were not such a gentleman, then I would throw some abusive insult your way, but you are really not worth the effort. I have responded to your previous message and wish to have nothing more to do with you.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Is it just me who thinks its a real shame, but people all over the world die every second and just because he's famous should'nt make u feel any more upset.

A life is a life!

Not just you. I've known special and wonderful people who've died, touched more souls and made more of a difference.

What you have said is so true.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
As for the less respectful posts on here, I won't join in, but they are completely normal reactions to possibly the most abnormal celebrity we have ever witnessed.

smalldino

Feb 25, 2009
Littlehampton
I have always felt that he had a very difficult life and was not 100% there. He had massive amounts of fame early on and there were various reports that he changed himself to distance himself from an abusive father. I think he is only guilty of being out of the ordinary and an easy target as opposed to anything else.

Whether or not he is up there with Lennon or Elvis is a personal choice, but his records didn't do too badlly.

point taken, but can you see why people are reacting the way they are. and it is up to them if they liked him or if they feel sad. as i have said i have never liked the bloke or his music, and maybe i am of that age wear the trials really damaged him. some people say there is no smoke without fire, if he was completely innocent then he was treated terribly if not he got away with a hell of a lot. no one knows and that is why there will always be a divide. as to being a ten year old twat i have no defence( APART FROM BEING 34)

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here