Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Michael Gove about to speak...

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
All I ever hear from the outers is "it's another fear tactic by the remain campaign" followed by a string of their own fear tactics.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Except that's not actually true, is it?

1) Osborne asked a specific question: Why would Germany and France agree to giving the UK an EU-relationship deal that would be better than the one they’ve got themselves? If EU states were to agree to this, there would be no point in any of the other 27 states staying in. Gove didn't answer it and just took as as given that they would
2) Not one mention of import/export duties. His speech is online HERE and I've searched myself - he literally ignores that question completely too.

One thing he did do, that I haven't seen from anyone else on the Out campaign, is to give us a clue which model he actually wants after leaving: he implies (though I think he still doesn't state it explicitly) that he doesn't want to be part of the single market - in fact he kind of implied he'd be fine if the whole thing collapsed. That's a start at least - but how many others in the Leave camp will hang on to the Norway model?

Is no access to the single market the new Brexit position? Because that would send shivers down the spines of UK exporters. This is the lifeblood of British manufacturing and we're going to dump it in favour of a free trade agreement? The almost understandable models for Brexit which ensure access, Canada, Norway, WTO are bad but follow some sort of logic. We've just been told France and Germany are not going to give us better access than they themselves have. This would also take years to hammer out...this is cloud cuckoo land stuff.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Gove is right to speak out as it is all so one sided currently, and all at taxpayers expense. Hardly fair and it was meant to be a level playing field. I am still in the Out camp.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
when he did speak he focussed a lot on humour and little on substance.

The reason that the porridge independence campaign saw a leap from 25% in favour of a porexit from the UK to a massive 45% in such a short time is that the SNP spent a lot of time bigging up scotland and its future as an independent country rather than trying to keep banging on about the centralism of westminster and the low priority it gave to the jockos.

It has meant that the scots now have pretty much got self determinism as everyone from Cameron to Brown steamed in when the poll was narrowing to offer more and more jam tomorrow. I would love to see the leave camp offer the electorate a clear vision for Britain outside the community. At the moment it is likely to be only a fear of further uncontrolled immigration that decides the ballot.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
c9fdde0acebf71e77139f576c9e529e6.jpg

The man is an imbecile, and a very dangerous one.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
One word, ****

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here