Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

michael f***ing symes

The French Mistress

Jun 24, 2007
Does anyone know whether League 1 and 2 players can be disciplined retrospectively as per the premier League?

In Symes case it is clear he deliberately kicked Casper and the referee didn't spot it, therefore it should be a 3 match ban (though arguably shouldbe more for sheer thuggery).

I guess the ref saw the Elphick incident (yellow card) so he can't be punished.

Don't understand your last line ? But as it ended up being deemed handball in the area, maybe lucky it wasn't a red card?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
In his defence I get the feeling he didnt see the whole thing thus he went to the linesman, who really should have seen it.

The ref has got everything else spot on

He did see the whole thing he had a perfect view as you can see on the replay - he's right by it. He only consulted lino cos he bottled it. Plus the lino and him had a 30 sec conversation - why?! If he elbowed him he should be off - i can see the convo now:

Ref: what did you see

Lino: he elbowed him deliberately off the ball

Ref: Was it very bad? Should i send him off...?

Jim_AFCB

Oct 9, 2010
Symes was an idiot yesterday but he isn't normally like that. Really don't know what got into him.

I don't believe he deliberately went to kick Casper but he did leave his foot in and should have been cautioned for it. AS I said yesterday he should have walked. No-one on the AFCB message board is defending his performance yesterday either.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I hope his parents die in freak yachting accident. Not my words Blackadders. Maybe the officials can be on the boat as well.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
In the end its a shame he got booked for the elbow, now means the FA can't get involved because the ref saw the incident and 'dealt' with it. The foot into Casper could be a whole different story though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here