Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

michael f***ing symes

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
how the f*** this mess is still on the pitch is a f***ing joke..........if we loose this game it will be a f***ing TRAVESTY .....bartley could have gone as well.

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
agreed 100000000%
symes is a dirty cheat. but how supreme of Tommy to get an elbow in the face and still head the ball away!! class

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Bartley has commited 4 fouls and should have at least a yellow. Tommy does the decent thing and stays on his feet and look what happens. JOKE

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
A very cynical assault and certainly should have walked. I didn't get the impression the ref got much else wrong though TBH.

In his defence I get the feeling he didnt see the whole thing thus he went to the linesman, who really should have seen it.

The ref has got everything else spot on

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
In his defence I get the feeling he didnt see the whole thing thus he went to the linesman, who really should have seen it.

The ref has got everything else spot on

Absolutely. Some people slag off a ref is he doesn't give every decision our way.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
A very cynical assault and certainly should have walked. I didn't get the impression the ref got much else wrong though TBH.

How about now? Utter goon of a ref has just cost us 2 points by checking with a lino who hadn't even flagged but thought a penalty should be given for something he obviously did not see. The standard of officials in this league is awful.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The referee had a clear view of his follow through on Ankergren which led to a broken nose which should have resulted in a least a yellow. Yet again when Elf got an elbow in the face from Symes the ref didn't know what to do and had to consult with the lino and because Elf stood his ground only dished out a yellow.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
[/B]

How about now? Utter goon of a ref has just cost us 2 points by checking with a lino who hadn't even flagged but thought a penalty should be given for something he obviously did not see. The standard of officials in this league is awful.

If you see my previouis reply, I've already said that it was a terrible decision. My first view on the reffing performance was based on the first half.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
The ref let B'mouth players jump for the ball with their arms all over the place for the entire game and from memory only gave 1 foul for this during game.

Very, very poor.

Sep 30, 2006
Up in the Gods
Sitting in the Family Stand, I still can' believe how Symes stayed on the pitch. Both incidents were cynical and intended to cause injury to a fellow professional footballer. There is no place in the game for that and he should have been sent off, either for x2 yellows or a straight red for the elbow. He needs anger management.

The referee did not get the big decisions right and a number of questionable challenges by Bartley went unpunished.

When are refs going to wise up to the fact that the opposition are going to try to close us down quickly and break up our play, often using unfair means? Oldham were even worse!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Does anyone know whether League 1 and 2 players can be disciplined retrospectively as per the premier League?

In Symes case it is clear he deliberately kicked Casper and the referee didn't spot it, therefore it should be a 3 match ban (though arguably shouldbe more for sheer thuggery).

I guess the ref saw the Elphick incident (yellow card) so he can't be punished.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here