Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

mgeees remarks

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
My turn to have a moan.

Mark McGhee is a good manager but I was surprised that he made a double substituion just after WE scored.

We were on the up and, personally, I would have given it a few minutes before a change.

Normandy seagull said:
MM did seem very down- unusual for him

I noticed that - I reckon it's just that that he knows something very brave he's trying isn't quite coming off. He's an ambitious guy who wants to make this Brighton team more than the sum of its parts. Whether his tactical expertise alone can do that is very much open to question. But he's going to give his current ideas time to work and, if they don't, we will try something more conservative and familiar. I just hope Brighton fans stay the course with him - he's doing a weekly miracle of turning water into wine and, guess what, the vintage won't be to all our liking every week. But he's fought two great seasonal battles for us over the last 2 years and he's earnt the right to be given space to fight this one differently - he will know the right time to make changes way before us :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Last edited:

timbha said:
The sooner we get some new money into the club, allowing quality players to come in, the better. It might already be too late.

Too late in October? :lolol: I would pity anyone who ever has to go into battle alongside you.

timbha said:
are you saying that the current league table isn't a true reflection?

Yeah, I am saying that. The 3pts win system does penalise decent sides who draw a lot - and that's us. Rubbish our achievements if you want this season but we have been hard to beat up to these last 2 games.

munster monch said:
That's not to say it can't be improved but it's not very impressive when coupled together with how much money had been spent last summer compared to others since we have been at Withdean.

On two players - both of whom are future investments.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Yorkie said:
I agree Chippy had a bad game and I will say it but we needed Oatway today.

Let's not be silly about this ...

Nicolas must be due a go now - likewise Turienzo. Reserve football is totally different, players need a chance in the first team, especially when they've commanded such a transfer fee. These players have to be given a game.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Repugnant Toad said:

Nicolas must be due a go now - likewise Turienzo. Reserve football is totally different, players need a chance in the first team, especially when they've commanded such a transfer fee. These players have to be given a game.

Good point!

Repugnant Toad said:

You're just guessing now. Go and see these players in the reserves and I'd give more weight to your opinion. Until then, you're just thrashing about for a simple answer to our problems.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Repugnant Toad said:

The place to see if they have anything to offer is in the reserves.......if they are crap then it's no big deal.
And after watching the reserves on Tuesday night, i can honestly say that Alexis and Freddy would not improve what we have already.
Kuipers on the other hand looked strong, his kicking looked good and vocally he was the loudest person in Worthing...........
He will be back fairly soon and will make a difference.

Last edited:

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
Is Molango still at the club?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Repugnant Toad said:
After the Ricketts incident it did descend into a game where Charlie would have been in his element, running about kicking people. :lolol:

Stoaty Ferret

Jul 11, 2003
Brighton
bakesy said:
The place to see if they have anything to offer is in the reserves.......if they are crap then it's no big deal.
And after watching the reserves on Tuesday night, i can honestly say that Alexis and Freddy would not improve what we have already.

Thats one of the most worrying aspects of our squad at the moment - the fact that the reserves are not playing well, and the likes of Turienzo, Chaigneau, Nicolas and El Abd are not chomping at the bit to get back in the first team. We have a small squad and we are going to rely on every one of them at some point, so they had better get their act together or we will be in trouble.

I noticed that Youga of Charlton went on loan to Bristol City late last week. Hes a left back - wonder if we were in for him as well....

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Yorkie said:
So many points in one post.

Ok
So we haven't got any new loans in. Why do you think that is? Maybe we cannot get them because teams won't or can't release them. Maybe we cannot afford what they are asking.

Turienzo was given his chance in the reserves on Tuesday night. McGhee and Booker were there watching. Not sitting in comfort but standing on the edge of the pitch watching all the play. El Turi could have won himself a place on the bench with a bit of effort. He has the talent but needs to sort out his attitude imo.

I agree Chippy had a bad game and I will say it but we needed Oatway today. Someone who would have actually got stuck in and tried to win a tackle.

MM will sort it out believe you me.
Ask spurs for Huddlestone

caz

Aug 10, 2005
London Irish said:
You're just guessing now. Go and see these players in the reserves and I'd give more weight to your opinion. Until then, you're just thrashing about for a simple answer to our problems.

You are very unfair to nicolas, playing in the reserves must be very humillating for him, also he is playing with kids, how can he look good? Have you seen him at games? looked so sad, felt sorry for him.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
caz said:
You are very unfair to nicolas, playing in the reserves must be very humillating for him, also he is playing with kids, how can he look good? Have you seen him at games? looked so sad, felt sorry for him.

For goodness sake, he is a grown man and a professional.
He knows how to get selected for the first team.
If he thinks the reserves isn't good enough for him then he can go and play elsewhere.
Motivation and competition are a good thing. Ask Gary Hart.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
caz said:

Ahh diddums - you are joking that we should be giving a run out to someone who can't be arsed and is apparently sulking, aren't you?

This is of course assuming that Nicolas is actually being stupid enough not to try, which is what I gather those who have been to reserve games are saying?

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
Yorkie said:

Ok
So we haven't got any new loans in. Why do you think that is? Maybe we cannot get them because teams won't or can't release them. Maybe we cannot afford what they are asking.

Or maybe they wont come because they dont want to play for a bottom of the league side
:nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here