Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mexico

LockStock

Jan 29, 2008
Sussex
book up for mexico in mid april with the girlfriend,
cancun in mid april book up for all inc.
but just wondered if anybody had been idea of places to go/things to do?
Also whats the sort of prices over there?

seagullsslimjim

Sep 26, 2003
take a ride on the R1 public busses - about 35p and truly mental drivers - they take you everywhere and every 10 mins max between each

not a wild as i expected but do day trips to Tulum and Chetzan Icza for the sites.

also the viewing balcony like the new one they are going to build infromt of the west Pier. (goes up 100ft for 360 degree views)

Coco Bongo night club - pay $25 odd to get in , free drinks and lookalike musicians perform - bit crap. other club with London double deckers running through town not meant to be so good

during the day next to coco bongo , walk through the shopping mall onto the seafront terrace and on the left is a bar . decking area - sit there on sofas in the shade with massive cocktails getting happilly pissed. that was my favourite with beatiful sand and sea

most of the entertainment seems to be hotel based so not loads of peeps out like the Med - went April time and good weather.

Aqua park too - but standard tick off, done it rubbish

Parascending behind boat good as they go higher that European ones (150-200m)- boat took us right near the shore and with the wind we were right above a hotels swimming pool behind the shoreline and beach - pretty scary but the wind just keeps you in exactly the same place. looking down you could even see into the hotel rooms !!

Prrescriptions extortionate so take plasters, aspirins. throat sweets etc just in case but no mossies.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Went there about 10 years ago, Tulum and Chichen Itza are good places to visit, if you want to go snorkeling then try Xel Ha (sic). If you can't be arsed to go on trips out of the place but still want to go snorkelling take the bus to the southern end of the circuit route, go through the last hotel past their pool and some villas on the right hand side...keep going until you get to the sea and you will find a lagoon type place full of the most beautiful fish imaginable. The water quality was better, less cloudy, than Xel Ha and you don't have to pay to get in. This tip was given to me by some Americans and was easily the best place I visited in my time there. I guess things may have changed but the lagoon should still be there if you are brassy enough to find a way to get to it.

Skintagain 1983

And Smith Did Score!
Went for 7 days in October for daughter's wedding. Didn't really leave the complex as everything free and lived on maragaritas at the poolside all day long. The beaches are very narrow and a bit sh!t, but a good walk along if you're bored.

The kids (twenties) went to Coco Bongo and had a good time but make sure you follow the advice of the hotel/resort reps or you will get ripped off big style in these places.

It's very, very humid and if you need to wash any clothes it's a nightmare getting anything dry. I had to iron clothes to get the damp out of them... and everything smells damp.

The locals are brilliant tho. Just make sure you convert a good wack of sterling into 1 dollar bills for tipping. Tip the staff in dollars not their local currency.

It was okay to visit but I wouldn't go back for the cost.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here