Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Met Gus tonight

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Gus wants to manage a big club. He's made no secret of that since Day One so this is hardly a revelation and the only question is when does he leave? I don't think he'll be the next manager as at best currently he's just a poor man's AVB - and look how badly that turned out.

Anyway, at least we no longer constantly hear that Craig Noone supports Liverpool.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Gus will go to Chelsea one day, and get sacked after six months. He'll end up at somewhere like Swindon Town and then, no doubt, bang on about getting his dream job at Spurs.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
At least it's refreshing to see Albion fans discussing this topic objectively and without any bitterness.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
It really fucks me off tbh, it's like a girlfriend saying that she is with you until someone better comes along. You might know it's the truth, but you don't want to bloody well hear it all the time

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This Chelsea talk is also getting on my bloody nerves as well. I know he keeps getting asked the question, but If he wants that job so badly, I want Rafa to get sacked as soon as possible so Chelsea can hurry up and appoint their next manager. Feel this is not going to do us any favours apart from throwing a big spanner in the works.

What sort of supporters have rafa out banners anyway. It just shows you what a joke football has become, and it just shows you the type of supporters they attract. The club is hardly in downfall

And then sack the next manager, then the next.
Post-Mourinho, that club has become a joke.
The trophy winning had carried on, due largely to having an expensively assembled squad, subsidised out of Roman's £900m cash injection.
Poyet wouldn't last 9 months. i suspect the juicy pay package is the real lure.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This Chelsea talk is also getting on my bloody nerves as well. I know he keeps getting asked the question, but If he wants that job so badly, I want Rafa to get sacked as soon as possible so Chelsea can hurry up and appoint their next manager. Feel this is not going to do us any favours apart from throwing a big spanner in the works.

What sort of supporters have rafa out banners anyway. It just shows you what a joke football has become, and it just shows you the type of supporters they attract. The club is hardly in downfall

How is it throwing a big spanner in the works? I've never heard Gus say any differently for over 3 years, and it that time, he's taken us from the relegation zone, to the title in League 1, with a record number of points, to the top 10 in the Championship, to play off contenders in the same league.
It's not exactly affecting team morale is it? He has answered a question to put him by the media as he has in the past. He has said he wants to manage at the top which, in effect, to him, is Chelsea. He is ambitious and there's nothing wrong with that. He's never declared undying loyalty to Brighton for life and then buggered off to Bolton.
Tony Bloom seems ok with it, so why should I worry? I'm sure we'll get a good manager in when GP has gone eventually.

D

Deleted member 22389

How is it throwing a big spanner in the works? I've never heard Gus say any differently for over 3 years, and it that time, he's taken us from the relegation zone, to the title in League 1, with a record number of points, to the top 10 in the Championship, to play off contenders in the same league.
It's not exactly affecting team morale is it? He has answered a question to put him by the media as he has in the past. He has said he wants to manage at the top which, in effect, to him, is Chelsea. He is ambitious and there's nothing wrong with that. He's never declared undying loyalty to Brighton for life and then buggered off to Bolton.
Tony Bloom seems ok with it, so why should I worry? I'm sure we'll get a good manager in when GP has gone eventually.

I'm looking at this differently now after reading the threads. If it happened I know TB would appoint somebody just as good or better. Just annoys me the way Chelsea seem to get what they want, when they want, no questions asked, just steamroller everyone else on the way. If it doesn't work just throw more money at it, and more money.

It's not right for football and I wish the FA would start getting tough.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm looking at this differently now after reading the threads. If it happened I know TB would appoint somebody just as good or better. Just annoys me the way Chelsea seem to get what they want, when they want, no questions asked, just steamroller everyone else on the way. If it doesn't work just throw more money at it, and more money.

It's not right for football and I wish the FA would start getting tough.

I've always detested Chelsea but that's the way of the world.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Guys I know you all love me here, and want me to succeed, but if there's a chance, and an offer becomes available:-

I would leave to manage Salma Hayek's underwear draw.

It's not where it is stored that matters, it is how it is used, surely, so perhaps extending in to application as well as storage?

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Either we don't go up this season and some fans will want Gus to go anyway, or we will go up and I think he would like to see how his players do in the prem before taking another job.

Or, he'll leave in the summer and we get someone else. I think TB would appoint a similar type of manager, a name, someone with the right mentality and someone who wants the same things as TB.

We will not have an issue in attracting big name managers, we are in prime position and have a bright future.

If Gus goes it will be sad, until he is replaced, although if he takes Charlie to Chelsea that will be excellent entertainment.
If Gus stays then great.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I don't go round shouting to my staff and my line manager constantly about a job I've got my eye on, that would be unprofessional. Obviously everyone wants to better themselves but this ain't the way.... Air of desperation all over it!!

Eh? you work in the same media enviroment as football? Geez get over it...big article in indie yesterday morning ...constant chatter about chelski becos of rafas rant..tis the way of things..calm down

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
At the end of the day if he goes we will replace him and move forward, like anybody if the money on offer is greater you will go

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
6 months ago I was not concerned about gus getting the Chelsea job now I am.The only high profile manager that would go to Chelsea is mourinho

If that does not happen then I think it would be a straight fight between gus & zola.On paper Zola wins with Watford flying high & having premier league experience with west ham but gus is a strong character who would probably handle the pressure better.

Well he does enjoy a bit of booing when the team loses: so no doubt he'll be ecstatic by the reaction from the massed ranks of Chelski whiners. :thumbsup:

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Task in hand, GETTING US INTO THE PREM Managers come and go, as do players, but we the supporters don't, likewise TB. Every time Poyet talks about Chelsea and he said the same of Arsenal, he disrespects the man that has put this plan in motion, be careful Gus, don't bite the hand that feeds you!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Task in hand, GETTING US INTO THE PREM Managers come and go, as do players, but we the supporters don't, likewise TB. Every time Poyet talks about Chelsea and he said the same of Arsenal, he disrespects the man that has put this plan in motion, be careful Gus, don't bite the hand that feeds you!

Did you see the programme? He said the chairman is ok with it. Bloom must feel secure that he get a good a manager in the future.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here