Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

messi

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
All of our 15,000 new fans have Chelsea/Spurs/Liverpool/Man Utd as their first team.

I hope im not included in this... I may be a spurs fan but dont talk or start threads about them on a brighton site... plus i have been going to brighton games for about 15 years... SO have a soft spot for them...

Its not just the football talk for me.. i genuinly like the people...

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
yeah the second leg will be tough ,on a very big pitch, barca r still favourites , but after 3 years ago, when them 4 pens were turned down,chelsea deserve revenge, i just hope uefalona dont have the ref on there side, chelsea are due a champions league ,been so unlucky, now with an average chelsea side are 1 game away from final, to all the ppl that want cheating uefalona to win.. why? we see every year they get decisions

Against Inter 2 years ago, the goal that knocked them out - Inter's third in the first leg - was offside. And Toure had a goal ruled out for (very minor) handball with 2 minutes left in the second leg that would have put them through.
If the officials had been told to make sure Barcelona got through, they did a rubbish job.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I maybe in the minority here but I actually feel Ronaldo is the more complete footballer. Ronaldo has scored 40+ goals in the Premier League AND La Liga in a season.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
It's funny isn't it, we've spent decades having decisions go against English sides, losing key games and trophies because of continental Klinsmann-esque cheating, and yet the moment we return the favour there's outrage. I'm not advocating it as a wholesale approach, but if Chelsea get to the final with Drogba spending 90 minutes of the second leg on the grass I won't be complaining - have some of that Europe. Maybe John Terry could score the winning goal in the final with Hand of God II.

Bit of a myth that isn't it? English sides and players have been just as bad at diving and cheating as anyone else.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
yeah the second leg will be tough ,on a very big pitch, barca r still favourites , but after 3 years ago, when them 4 pens were turned down,chelsea deserve revenge, i just hope uefalona dont have the ref on there side, chelsea are due a champions league ,been so unlucky, now with an average chelsea side are 1 game away from final, to all the ppl that want cheating uefalona to win.. why? we see every year they get decisions

Chelsea fan are we?

No allegiance to Barcelona whatsoever myself. I see them play like they did in the Champion's league final last year and I give them the credit the credit they are due. One of the finest football teams to grace this planet we call........earth.

f*** Chelsea. Due a Champion's league?? No thanks.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
When a club sells corporate tickets to businesses, do not assume that those that take up the offer and go to the games will be Brighton and Hove Albion supporters.

So you haven't been at a game this season and had people going on about how "we" (Liverpool/Chelsea/Man Utd/Spurs) are doing while you're trying to watch the match?
It's not anything to do with corporate tickets.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Was hoping that he would sign for the albion in the summer - but not now he's sh1t. If gus signs him I will start supporting palace. Everybody on NSC knows that one bad/average performance and your career is over.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
One game, a player wasn't good. Therefore as a result of this analysis, Messi is not good. Nice one. Ignoring the fact he constantly bangs in goals for Barcelona, considered to possibly be the greatest player playing at the moment, you know.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
These. Although, obviously once they put England shirts on, they for some reason suddenly become players not good enough to deal with Xavi, Iniesta, Messi etc, when they were superb against them last night. Oh well.

Not from the evidence of the last time we played spain.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
I maybe in the minority here but I actually feel Ronaldo is the more complete footballer. Ronaldo has scored 40+ goals in the Premier League AND La Liga in a season.

Scoring goals is only a part being the best. Watch Ronaldo in the La Liga, and he's very selfish. Doesn't set many people up, and besides. Shit attitude.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here