• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

Mar 13, 2008
Who's the worlds best player??

Many would say Messi but I would say Ronaldo. Just broken the spanish record for quickest ever to 100 goals and plays in an inferior side.
But Ronaldo went to spain at his peak. Messi has built up from 17 years old. So that stat is pointless. Messi for me but if I had to sign one for an english club, then ronaldo. Messi seems a little too injury prone and small to play in england.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
But he has matched Messi goal for goal over the last 2 seasons. During his time at Man Utd he was the best player in the Prem by a country mile
But Ronaldo went to spain at his peak. Messi has built up from 17 years old. So that stat is pointless. Messi for me but if I had to sign one for an english club, then ronaldo. Messi seems a little too injury prone and small to play in england.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

Injury prone? Messi? |Do you ever watch Spanish football?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
But he has matched Messi goal for goal over the last 2 seasons. During his time at Man Utd he was the best player in the Prem by a country mile
You suddenly realise you're arguing Ronaldo is better than Messi by saying he's kept up with Messi.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Xavi. Anyone notice how Messi doesn't dominate at international level like he does for Barca? Because he doesn't have the little genius behind him threading balls through. The hyperbolic mediawank over Messi is becoming a bit sickening to be honest. Yes, he's a very very good footballer. But, like Ronaldo, he's playing in a league with very few genuinely good sides, and dicking the likes of Almeria by five or six is not the same as beating the best. If Messi were that good he'd score more for Argentina.

IMHO, of course.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Mario Gómez
Mesut Özil

Last edited:

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Seeing Ronaldo in both the Prem and La Liga and pissing both of the leagues then I'll go with Ronaldo, Until Messi proves he can handle himself against the physical sides in the Premier league then I'll stick with Ronaldo :)

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Seeing Ronaldo in both the Prem and La Liga and pissing both of the leagues then I'll go with Ronaldo, Until Messi proves he can handle himself against the physical sides in the Premier league then I'll stick with Ronaldo :)

This was my view but it appears we are in the minority

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Xavi. Anyone notice how Messi doesn't dominate at international level like he does for Barca? Because he doesn't have the little genius behind him threading balls through. The hyperbolic mediawank over Messi is becoming a bit sickening to be honest. Yes, he's a very very good footballer. But, like Ronaldo, he's playing in a league with very few genuinely good sides, and dicking the likes of Almeria by five or six is not the same as beating the best. If Messi were that good he'd score more for Argentina.

IMHO, of course.

Is that the league whose 7th placed team (now 10th I think), absolutely destroyed the English Champions at home and away a few weeks ago?

leigull

Sep 26, 2010

Messi is far stronger on the ball than Ronaldo who goes to ground a lot more frequently

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Until Messi proves he can handle himself against the physical sides in the Premier league then I'll stick with Ronaldo :)

Messi plays for Barca because La Liga is a better standard of league than the Premier League, team for team. Why would he leave La Liga to play at a lower standard?

Don't buy all the crap about it being all about the big two, there are plenty of teams (Valencia, Atleti, Villarreal and Sevilla to name but 4) who would probably finish higher in the Prem than they do in Spain because the competition is not as strong here. Just ask Man United, the reigning English champions, who got ripped to bits (twice) by the team currently 10th in La Liga, and then ask yourself - could Swansea, who are currently 10th in the Prem, have done that against Barca?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that the Prem is all crap, it's certainly not and there are some great teams and players there, but it's not of the standard of La Liga in my opinion.

Last edited:

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
They're both a joy to watch (apart from CRs histrionics, of course). We've seen Ronaldo do it here, but I would imagine Messi wouldn't have much problem either. They both play in top, top teams of course, and one player cannot do it on his own. If I had to call it, I'd go with Messi, partly on personality, can't really split theit talents.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here