Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Messi leaving Barcelona

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
He wants to win the Champions League. IMHO that's his only motivation. I'd go as far as to say he is more likely to join Juve than Man City.

He has won enough trophies yea I would say Juve or PSG. Think he will avoid the premier league. PSG lost out this year too that will motivate them.

AmexRuislip

Retired Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Tony break the bank.

I will even buy a shirt for the whole family and the dog.
After escaping the Barcelona, it just might happen by chance that Messi decided to hire a row boat from Dieppe and end up washed ashore on Brighton beach.
He's rescued by a passing Albion fan, who's out walking his dog called Ronaldo.
After chatting, Messi claims football asylum in the parish of Falmer, where he's persuaded to play for the local side.
Job done.... :D

Last edited:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I guess thats why Lewis Dunk is staying in Brighton and why Maldini stayed at Milan, Totti at Roma, Giggs at United etc. then. They just didnt have the balls to test themselves.

It's a completely different situation. There's 3reasons he won't fancy the Premier League.

1) Comfort zone. Every time he's got out of his comfort zone in the last 5 years or so, he's looked well, uncomfortable. World Cups, Champs leagues etc Adding goals 3, 5 and 6 against Girona, I grant you, he looks terrific.
2) The relative strength of the mid lower teams is increasing year on year in the PL compared to other leagues, due to the TV money, he knows he's on the wane, he wants to glitter rather than slog. PSG looks a decent fit on that front.
3) Anywhere he goes he wants to basically be in charge. Won't happen here.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Luxury player :whistle:

City and PSG the only ones likely to be able to afford the wages and he won't get his own way at either club. I can't help but think this is a power play to ramp up the pressure on Bartomeu

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
It's a completely different situation. There's 3reasons he won't fancy the Premier League.

1) Comfort zone. Every time he's got out of his comfort zone in the last 5 years or so, he's looked well, uncomfortable. World Cups, Champs leagues etc Adding goals 3, 5 and 6 against Girona, I grant you, he looks terrific.
2) The relative strength of the mid lower teams is increasing year on year in the PL compared to other leagues, due to the TV money, he knows he's on the wane, he wants to glitter rather than slog. PSG looks a decent fit on that front.

Nope, the 3 are:

1) the weather
2) the weather
3) the weather

For the same reason, he wont be going to PSG either. South Americans generally do their time in the Northern Europe and then decamp to Spain as soon as an opportunity arises, due to the culture, a shared language (barring Brazilians)...and...the weather.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
He'll never come here.

He wants an easy life with no real competition.

Celtic?

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017

4) While the tax man seems to have little appetite to go after the likes of the Barclay Twins, Murdoch, Rothermere, Branson et al, I'm not sure HMRC would be quite so accommodating to a foreign footballer - certainly not to the extent that Messi has been used to in Spain at least.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Latest on Twitter by a Leeds fan, he's coming to Leeds in sure he loves Bielsa the man who made him, we are a big club, this will be a sign of intent, he will have Champions league football next season.
When it was pointed out that his wage was to high, the reply was, he's a millionaire, so the money don't mean a thing to him, it's the honour of playing for his hero.
Messi to Leeds then. What hope does any club have of signing any players when they are up against the mighty Leeds.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Latest on Twitter by a Leeds fan, he's coming to Leeds in sure he loves Bielsa the man who made him, we are a big club, this will be a sign of intent, he will have Champions league football next season.
When it was pointed out that his wage was to high, the reply was, he's a millionaire, so the money don't mean a thing to him, it's the honour of playing for his hero.
Messi to Leeds then. What hope does any club have of signing any players when they are up against the mighty Leeds.

Leeds fans have certainly kept this small off season entertaining, they’ll probably prize Ronaldo away from little Juve too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Nope, the 3 are:

1) the weather
2) the weather
3) the weather

For the same reason, he wont be going to PSG either. South Americans generally do their time in the Northern Europe and then decamp to Spain as soon as an opportunity arises, due to the culture, a shared language (barring Brazilians)...and...the weather.

LA Galaxy, then...?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Mate of mine went on holiday with him, says he's desperate to sign for Leeds

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Mate of mine went on holiday with him, says he's desperate to sign for Leeds

8cd5cd4f104a3b6adc416ed9ab80e8fa28fcfc69.jpg

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
He'll end up at one of the oil rich clubs claiming to be excited by the "project" which coincidentally involves paying him £1m a week.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Come on he’s Brighton through and through. Everyone knows the lad wants to come here why are they holding him hostage?

And their valuation is disgusting. Outrageous way to treat a player. They’re so greedy and tinpot.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Is #FreeLeoMessi trending yet?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here