Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Message to Mr hampden park

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
What did you do in teh Falklands...Army? navy?

My very good mate was a Engineering Officer on Sir gallahad and was stationed in Bomb Alley -

When he came back I have never seen anyone look so ill in my life. Seemly three times bombs bounced off the decks only feet from him without going off

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
RN. your mate was lucky along with quite a few others. the argies didnt have their timings correct on their bombs so a lot of them didnt go off. i too looked shit upon my return. powdered potato and powdered egg and powdered milk etc etc didnt do us any good :nono:

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I remember he telling me when he was on one of teh Fleet auxillary ship going home, the propeller shaft broke and he had to get inside the shaft and fix it, in a force 10 gale with mountainous seas. He explained that he ended up having a bath in swarfega:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
dave the gaffer said:
I remember he telling me when he was on one of teh Fleet auxillary ship going home, the propeller shaft broke and he had to get inside the shaft and fix it, in a force 10 gale with mountainous seas. He explained that he ended up having a bath in swarfega:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

True hero.

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
dave the gaffer said:

i hope he threw in the maltesers as that makes it well worth while. only grunters (normally ships captains) are allowed baths. us mere mortals have to have showers. force 10's were good fun, we used to go up forward, between decks, and if you read the waves well enough, you could jump while the ship hit a dip in the wave and float in mid air until it met the wave coming up. if you timed it wrong you banged your head on the deckhead.

p.s. didnt they get towed back after that?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here