Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Message from 'Steve Foster' on the Argus website, is it real?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Hi Guys
For those of you old enough to remember i used to play for the albion in the eighties and returned to the club in the mid nineties so i am fully aware of the hardship that this great club has had in recent times.

With that said since the turn of the 21st century the club has also had great success with 3 promotions in 4 years.

This success makes it very easy to forgot the hardship that all you fans have endured...this should not be forgotten. Ive read so much negativity on this site and it really does bewilder me. If you had been offered the position you are in now the week before you faced Hereford in that vital match i believe every true albion fan would have taken that.

I was fortunate to have played at the Goldstone ground and although it was not the most romantic of grounds it was home and could generate a supurb atmosphere. Withdean can never do this but you are almost their in your quest for a new home. Falmer is only 3 years away....under a third of the time you have already had to wait.

All i ask is that you great fans get behind the team, the chairman and the manager. They are doing a fantastic job under extremely difficult circumstances. I am still in regular contact with Dean having obviously played with him what now seems like all those years ago and believe me he is doing a great job. Managers have gone and left Brighton in the lurch in recent years but i cant see Dean doing that. He really wants this club to move forward as does the chairman and most deffinetely you the fans.

Keep behind the Albion...myself as an ex player only knows too well what a lift it gives the squad.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
He certainly spells like a footballer!

If it is Fozzie then he is a proper legend, and I thank him for his positivity.:albion2:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think it is, and fair play to him. Fozzie :bowdown:

Withdean Wander, The Complete B****r and the rest should read that before each post they type.

D

Deleted member 2719

Well said that man, Fozzie or not for those who remember Hereford and the sick feeling in your stomach will know that the small wait we have is going to be worth it but we must all stay positive and not expect too much until we have Falmer and the chance to start growing as a club again.

Keep the Faith.

:albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Fozzie or not: Wise words mate, wise words.
_44109675_smasheynicey203.jpg

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Legend, my favourite Albion player of all time.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Always remember an article, guess it was an Argus one, where countless Albion past heroes were asked for their greatest Goldstone memory, just before it vanished forever.

Amid the misty-eyed recollections of great goals, amazing atmospheres and unforgettable games, Fozzie simply stated that his greatest ever Goldstone memory was seeing David Belotti being hounded out the directors box. Legend.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Only the person who wrote it will know whether they are the real 'Fozzie', but it is very hard to disagree with the sentiment.

:)

Unless, of course, it's not Fozzie, in which case two people would know!

As with others comments, though, the sentiment is spot on and what we have now is seriously better than I ever imagined during the season leading up to Hereford.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Unless, of course, it's not Fozzie, in which case two people would know!

Unless it wasn't Fozzie that wrote it and someone (not the real Fozzie) was looking over the shoulder of Not Fozzie whilst he was writing it. In which case 3 people would know.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Hi Guys
For those of you old enough to remember i used to play for the albion in the eighties and returned to the club in the mid nineties so i am fully aware of the hardship that this great club has had in recent times.

With that said since the turn of the 21st century the club has also had great success with 3 promotions in 4 years.

This success makes it very easy to forgot the hardship that all you fans have endured...this should not be forgotten. Ive read so much negativity on this site and it really does bewilder me. If you had been offered the position you are in now the week before you faced Hereford in that vital match i believe every true albion fan would have taken that.

I was fortunate to have played at the Goldstone ground and although it was not the most romantic of grounds it was home and could generate a supurb atmosphere. Withdean can never do this but you are almost their in your quest for a new home. Falmer is only 3 years away....under a third of the time you have already had to wait.

All i ask is that you great fans get behind the team, the chairman and the manager. They are doing a fantastic job under extremely difficult circumstances. I am still in regular contact with Dean having obviously played with him what now seems like all those years ago and believe me he is doing a great job. Managers have gone and left Brighton in the lurch in recent years but i cant see Dean doing that. He really wants this club to move forward as does the chairman and most deffinetely you the fans.

Keep behind the Albion...myself as an ex player only knows too well what a lift it gives the squad.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I'm happy to believe it's him and I'm happy to believe also that even if it isn't, that Fozzie WOULD HAVE posted that.

Top bloke.

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
I would think that if he really had something to say he would do it by a more direct route than posting on the readresr comments on the Argus website.

I agree with most of it. The team and the manager are doing a great job. Yeah, we've had some good times, but we can't afford to just fester and slip down the leagues in the hope that Falmer will solve all our problems and rocket us to the Championship.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I would think that if he really had something to say he would do it by a more direct route than posting on the readresr comments on the Argus website.

I agree with most of it. The team and the manager are doing a great job. Yeah, we've had some good times, but we can't afford to just fester and slip down the leagues in the hope that Falmer will solve all our problems and rocket us to the Championship.

Agreed. Yes, I'm pleased that we are still in the League, but we should be progressive, but we are just stagnating and a lot of people are getting disillusioned, hence the falling gates at Withdean, and the poor atmosphere amongst us that actually go to the games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here