Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Message From Ernest

larus

DJ Leon said:
I just don't get it?! How is he reeling in anyone. FFS most people are irritated into a frenzy by the dullness of his only single f***ing joke. A joke that other people STILL find funny and a joke that you seem to think is clever. If Ernest is your hero, well...

It's more like his catch line. Like Tommy Cooper 'Just like that', etc. OK, he's a wind-up merchant, but once you realise he's not serious, it's adds a bit of fun. If you don't like it, ignore it. It's just like the other one-lines used on here all the time. i.e.
fixtures
Kanchelskis
ringtones.

It's all part of the fun of NSC. Sometimes he'll even parady himself in praise for McGhee and knocking the 'Magoo Out' posters.

Chill my friend, and see it as light hearted banter.:smokin:

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
DJ Leon said:
I just don't get it?! How is he reeling in anyone. FFS most people are irritated into a frenzy by the dullness of his only single f***ing joke. A joke that other people STILL find funny and a joke that you seem to think is clever. If Ernest is your hero, well...

It so dam funny because as you say its the same joke but it funny because everyone always gets angry!

Magoo out:jester:

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
DJ Leon said:
Exactly what I was thinking.

Have you ever met him mate?

I think of all the Brighton fans on here, he is probably the most passionate fan you could meet. I was at one very cold and wet Roker park in the 70's with him and a few other names on a Tuesday night. We went to games when it wasn't fashionable to go to away games...certainly it wasnt good for your health at times.

Its all a wind up

MAGHOO OUT:albion: Jean Tigana's Blue and White Army

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
dave the gaffer said:
Have you ever met him mate?

I think of all the Brighton fans on here, he is probably the most passionate fan you could meet. I was at one very cold and wet Roker park in the 70's with him and a few other names on a Tuesday night. We went to games when it wasn't fashionable to go to away games...certainly it wasnt good for your health at times.

Its all a wind up

MAGHOO OUT:albion: Jean Tigana's Blue and White Army

I's a wind-up?!?! No shit! He may be very passionate for all I know. I don't care, I just find the same post done over and over and over again dull. If you think it's hilarious then fair enough - fill your boots. I can, as people have already said, ignore it. Case dismissed.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
DJ Leon said:
I's a wind-up?!?! No shit! He may be very passionate for all I know. I don't care, I just find the same post done over and over and over again dull. If you think it's hilarious then fair enough - fill your boots. I can, as people have already said, ignore it. Case dismissed.

but you feel the urge to GO ON about it......REELED my boy REELED in like a 4lb Carp on a frosty winters morn at Passies Pond!

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Marc said:
but you feel the urge to GO ON about it......REELED my boy REELED in like a 4lb Carp on a frosty winters morn at Passies Pond!

So who goes on about it more? Me? Or the people that ape him and think he's some sort of comedy genius.

Now that's stupid my boy, stupid like the same 4lb carp, unable to remember what happened only a few minutes ago.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
DJ Leon said:
So who goes on about it more? Me? Or the people that ape him and think he's some sort of comedy genius.

Now that's stupid my boy, stupid like the same 4lb carp, unable to remember what happened only a few minutes ago.

I dont think anyone thinks he is a comedy genious.....I think he brings a little bit of light relief from the posters who are shoved up their own ARSes.

Jean Tigana's Blue and White Army:albion: McGhoo OUT

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
:thumbsup:

Good for you. Not everyone can like the posts of everyone else, I recognise saying that you don't like someone else's posting is futile, but it does piss me off when as soon as I say it I get a barrage of 'hahahah you fell for it mate' and 'it's a wind up and you're a sucker'. I fell for nothing, I was suckered by nobody, I just don't like his schtick.

HAHAHAHAHA what a loser, he fell right into the trap!

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Message From Ernest

Beach Hut said:
Is the right answer

does he go on tour with them !

Roger Mellie

Sep 27, 2004
London SE1
larus said:
It's more like his catch line. Like Tommy Cooper 'Just like that', etc. OK, he's a wind-up merchant, but once you realise he's not serious, it's adds a bit of fun. If you don't like it, ignore it. It's just like the other one-lines used on here all the time. i.e.
fixtures
Kanchelskis
ringtones.

It's all part of the fun of NSC. Sometimes he'll even parady himself in praise for McGhee and knocking the 'Magoo Out' posters.

Chill my friend, and see it as light hearted banter.:smokin:

But wasn't the whole point about Tommy Cooper that he was funny??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here