Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Meridian Soccer Night.....

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Not bad coverage & extended highlights of us v Swansea on next Thursday's show.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I see the BBC have won the rights (with Sky) for the football league and Carling Cup from 2009.

BBC will show live Championship matches and Sky pretty much continuing as they do now.

Carling Cup will be on both channels live.

All league goals will be on the BBC website.

Looks like regional midweek football highlights are gone.

I'd make the most of the powerpoint graphics, looks like you'll be missing them in a couple of years.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Well, I've just found this quote from the Guardian

As well as the Carling Cup final the BBC will also have live coverage of one leg from each of the semi-finals, and show a weekly Football League highlights programme. The corporation has also secured broadband rights which it will promote via its regional website network

I wonder if they've got the commentary back as part of the deal ?

As an interesting aside, I note that Charlton getting relegated also meant that fans lost their online commentary.

The BBC in London and Kent did it for them (and was available free online from the BBC), but when Charlton were relegated like us the BBC were not allowed to stream it from their website due to league rules.

Charlton didn't want to affect their current relationship with the BBC (they operate their own non PTV website) and therefore you can only get commentary if you can pick up the radio stations over the airwaves.

So even though they are not part of PTV, the same rules about commentary apply.

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Yes we will be. Steggall was there yesterday, doing an interview infront of the jugglers.

at the end of the game, I was making my way over to the North stand behind the goal.....Andy s and the camera crew were setting up with Alex and as I walked passed, I patted him on the back and we ended up jumping around like loons...."can we get on with this " says Andy!!!!

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::albion2::albion2::albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here