Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mercurial, majestic, magnificent Mitoma [20/10/23: New deal signed]

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
If he starts pretty much every game for USG now until January, is it possible to recall him and perhaps get him a work permit?

I read the work permit rules in January but forgot quite a lot.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
If he starts pretty much every game for USG now until January, is it possible to recall him and perhaps get him a work permit?

I read the work permit rules in January but forgot quite a lot.

Highly unlikely, the points are based over a full year, so if we tried to recall him in January he'd only get pro-rata'd points.

The one good thing though is just being included in a single match day squad for a band 2 team is enough for 10 points at the end of the season. He'd only need to play at least 40% of the total minutes he is available for to get the other 5 points.

A player playing semi regular football for a band 2 team is highly likely to get a work permit, even if they are not a full international.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Oh great another tau situation

I used to love us signing players and actually playing them. Now I just think…meh

Modern football is shit

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Still a mouthful. I'm just going to call him Jackie Chan. :drink:
I'm just going to call him a Japanese winger - then a certain poster who's been spouting rubbish on here can pwobably cweam himself by scweaming 'Wacist'!

The lad is actually Japanese, I take it? Oh, good! - then welcome young man, and all the best for your season at USG. I'll be following your progress with interest.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Apart from Sanchez what has gone on with most young players from abroad another pointless signing. Hope I am wrong

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I'm just going to call him a Japanese winger - then a certain poster who's been spouting rubbish on here can pwobably cweam himself by scweaming 'Wacist'!

The lad is actually Japanese, I take it? Oh, good! - then welcome young man, and all the best for your season at USG. I'll be following your progress with interest.

There was no scweaming, just pointed something out in a fairly friendly manner. I am a bit disappointed I had to explain it to you though.

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
He might…..sounds like it’s a reasonably modest, low risk investment to take on. 99%+ of the kids in the academy won’t play for the first team either but the point of that is 1 in 100 might be a Ben White.

Exactly

But we need competition for Trossard urgently

The signing does nothing for me.As you say,time will tell

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
I cant confidently say you will eat your own words, but I do think you'll question them.

I doubt it Swanny

People think we need to sign a Striker.The real problem is Trossard.He only turns up in 1 out of 3 games.The rest of the time he looks un-interested.We desperately need competition for him.This guy will not provide it.

As i say this signing does nothing for me.I am normally 100% behind what the club is trying to do.But this? Meh!!

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Have you seen any reports mentioning the fee?

No there's nothing about a fee on Kawasaki Frontale's website which is where you'd expect to find it. Usually the selling club will mention the fee but it seems like another bit of behind closed doors business by Bloom and co.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
No there's nothing about a fee on Kawasaki Frontale's website which is where you'd expect to find it. Usually the selling club will mention the fee but it seems like another bit of behind closed doors business by Bloom and co.

Cheers - let me know if you see any mention in future.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I didn't say it was derogatory or hate speech, but he has decided this guy will have certain attributes based on his race.
I am just asking him to take notice that he is being a bit racist, and he can read absolutely nothing into the guys character based on the single thing he knows about him, his ethnicity.
If you are willing to do that for one ethnicity, you probably do it for more, if not all. Just get out of that bad habit of assuming you know something meaningful about someone because of their race, colour or country.

There's a big difference between racism and stereotypes.

Racism is to deliberatley have prejudice or hatred towards another based on colour, ethnicty or even sexual orientation.

Saying japenese have honour is not racist at all, it is a very prevelent part of their culture (if youve ever been there as I have), they are honourable people and thats a compliment, Maybe if Mitouma is a non honourable person that normally accurate stereotype of him may be wrong but its not derogatory to call him honourable if in fact he isnt.

To say the Japanese may be tenacious is no different to saying, an English player is full of the British bulldog spirirt, thats not calling English people bulldogs nor trying to really suggest all people are the same. Its making an obvervation on a known English stereotype.

This is woke PC nonsence, their was no malice, no hatred, no prejudice at all. It dangerous to brand another Albion fan people racist without any real reason. trying to create fire where none exists.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
There's a big difference between racism and stereotypes.

Racism is to deliberatley have prejudice or hatred towards another based on colour, ethnicty or even sexual orientation.

Saying japenese have honour is not racist at all, it is a very prevelent part of their culture (if youve ever been there as I have), they are honourable people and thats a compliment, Maybe if Mitouma is a non honourable person that normally accurate stereotype of him may be wrong but its not derogatory to call him honourable if in fact he isnt.

To say the Japanese may be tenacious is no different to saying, an English player is full of the British bulldog spirirt, thats not calling English people bulldogs nor trying to really suggest all people are the same. Its making an obvervation on a known English stereotype.

This is woke PC nonsence, their was no malice, no hatred, no prejudice at all. It dangerous to brand another Albion fan people racist without any real reason. trying to create fire where none exists.

I don't see a big difference between racism and racial stereotypes.

It is as ignorant to assume a positive as a negative about a person, on the basis of his race. It is a bad habit. We all do it to some extent, we shouldn't.

It is still a bit of a problem to me to say the Japanese people are honorable, tenacious etc. but it is certainly prejudicial to assume a Japanese person will be.
I have not said anyone was derogatory.

To say the Japanese may be tenacious, is very different to saying an English player is full of the Bulldog spirit, neither is bad, they are just not comparable in any way that makes sense for this conversation.

What I posted isn't PC nonsense, maybe it is woke, I have not said the original post was malicious, or hateful, but it absolutely is prejudicial to pre judge someone, and the criteria for that judgement in this case was his race.

I found the post mildly racist, and commented "A bit racist mate", there has been one or two worse posted since, but I have assumed there was a bit of trolling of me going on there and decided to leave it alone.

I didn't say the poster is a racist, I said his post was a bit racist, at least that is what I meant. I said a 'bit' racist because he was not being nasty or hateful. I wasn't trying to start a fire, and would have been really happy to have had no further comment about it, but if people like you can't see what I mean and pull me up on it, I am going to try and explain it, as boring and off topic as it might be for everyone else.

Last point, and this is why I think it is important, positive racial stereotypes reinforce the negative ones. They make it ok to believe you can generalise like that about a whole people and the individuals within that group. If one is true, why isn't the other?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here