Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mercurial, majestic, magnificent Mitoma [20/10/23: New deal signed]

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
I don't see Asian players being obsessed with big money moves to bigger clubs like some other groups.

Think there's more loyalty and humbleness about them.

So imo I don't think their heads can be turned by these soulless big clubs so easily.
Too busy meditating, and making pilgrimages to ancient shrines no doubt :rolleyes:

You're a bit of a walking cliche aren't you?

I'm sure Mitoma is as motivated as anyone to play at the top of the game and win things.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Too busy meditating, and making pilgrimages to ancient shrines no doubt :rolleyes:

I'm sure Mitoma is as motivated as anyone to play at the top of the game and win things.
Very highly motivated. The guy has his whole life planned out. As @Swansman correctly says it's pretty obvious from that Olympics interview with him just before the World Cup that Bozza shared on here.

That said, I will repeat that we are selling no one at all in this January window and the summer should depend on how the season turns out. I would hope we'll get another season out of him at least. We can't lose all our good players at once or we'll lose De Zerbi as well.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia

No dopey.

Obviously you've never been to Japan. They have a long history of being loyal to their employers. It's an ingrained part of their culture.

I'm sure you're clueless when it comes to Japan though. You just wanted to be the pissy little snark that you are.

Japan has the most players in the top 20 of the transfermarkt most loyal table at 6 by the way. No other nation comes close to that many.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I don't see Asian players being obsessed with big money moves to bigger clubs like some other groups.

Think there's more loyalty and humbleness about them.

So imo I don't think their heads can be turned by these soulless big clubs so easily.
With such loyalty and kowtowing, how do they ever get to play in Europe?

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Did you bother to look how long he'd been at his club Kawasaki Frontale for?

If he hadn’t been there for very long then it would show he’s happy to move on for his career.

If he had been there for ages then it shows despite his ‘loyalty’ he’s happy to move on for his career.

I’m not quite sure how this was supposed to back up your point, but it doesn’t.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
About 1.5 years of first team football for Kawasaki before moving. Not sure that makes him Mr Loyal exactly.

Youth Career 2007-2015
Senior team 2018-2021

Looks like he was tied to them for a lot longer than the 1.5 years, looks like a pretty loyal player to me.

Even when he was at University and playing in that league he was still going back to train with them.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Youth Career 2007-2015
Senior team 2018-2021

Looks like he was tied to them for a lot longer than the 1.5 years, looks like a pretty loyal player to me.

Even when he was at University and playing in that league he was still going back to train with them.
Yeah he played youth football at his local club... not sure how that makes him any more loyal than the millions and millions of other players who do that.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Should have said image rights that generate a decent income, would love to know how many Mitoma shirts we are shifting in Japan now
Not many, if any, at the moment. Brighton have only just pierced the outer edges of the Japanese footballing public's consciousness.

It is improving though and that is all down to Mitoma. It helps that Abema, the company that shows the premier league over here, only has a certain number of games it can show and so they load up on Brighton and Arsenal games.

I'd imagine all Japan related shirt sales are made by those currently living/visiting in Brighton. Have no fear though, the day I see a Brighton shirt on a Japanese person on the streets of Tokyo I'll be all over NSC letting you guys know that we've made it!

Last edited:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
If he hadn’t been there for very long then it would show he’s happy to move on for his career.

If he had been there for ages then it shows despite his ‘loyalty’ he’s happy to move on for his career.

I’m not quite sure how this was supposed to back up your point, but it doesn’t.

The point was that not all players are looking to bounce off at the first bit of interest thrown their way.

I mean did you read your second point and not understand that it can mean he might actually have put a lot of thought into moving and it's not , doesn't look like it.

It's almost like some of our fans can't even fathom that we could create a loyalty in some of our players because of how we run the club that makes them want to stay long term.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
The point was that not all players are looking to bounce off at the first bit of interest thrown their way.

I mean did you read your second point and not understand that it can mean he might actually have put a lot of thought into moving and it's not , doesn't look like it.

It's almost like some of our fans can't even fathom that we could create a loyalty in some of our players because of how we run the club that makes them want to stay long term.
I struggle to think of that many players who'd turn down a fat paycheck and the chance to win titles and compete at the highest level (CL) due to the club owner being a good one.

If the club would accept a bid from Arsenal or something... sayonara.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I struggle to think of that many players who'd turn down a fat paycheck and the chance to win titles and compete at the highest level (CL) due to the club owner being a good one.

If the club would accept a bid from Arsenal or something... sayonara.

Depends on the player.

Nedved , Griezmann, Vardy, Del Piero, Totti come to mind as players who could have earned more money or moved to better clubs at the time but chose to stay loyal to the club they were at.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
No dopey.

Obviously you've never been to Japan. They have a long history of being loyal to their employers. It's an ingrained part of their culture.

I'm sure you're clueless when it comes to Japan though. You just wanted to be the pissy little snark that you are.

Japan has the most players in the top 20 of the transfermarkt most loyal table at 6 by the way. No other nation comes close to that many.

I can't believe someone has seriously used a transfermarket article as evidence of anything but what's even more surprising is you posting about football!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Depends on the player.

Nedved , Griezmann, Vardy, Del Piero, Totti come to mind as players who could have earned more money or moved to better clubs at the time but chose to stay loyal to the club they were at.
There's a gigantic difference between Del Piero staying at Juventus and Mitoma staying with Brighton.

But yeah you've decided based on absolutely nothing that Mitoma is a super-loyal player. Might get disappointed when a title challenging/CL club comes for him.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Seriously, how much do you think he’s worth?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Seriously, how much do you think he’s worth?
Given the continuing inflation in transfer fees I would say anything below £50m would be a straight no (maybe aside for Barca and Real bids who due to their enormous pulling power are almost always going to unsettle players if they have their bids denied).

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
How to make the opposition dart in the wrong direction.

On seeing it live, I was convinced his first touch was a heavy one, but he'd factored in the fact that Everton's CBs are slow and immobile -- it's utterly dreadful defending all round from them for that goal. He is so graceful in the way he moves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here