Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mendoza's Falmer Photo Capturing Adventure 26/2/10

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It's a very long established principle of planning law that no-one has a right to preserve the nice view from their window.

Nor is "I don't want that half a mile from my house" a valid reason for development not happening.

The residents of Portslade Old Village probably objected to Mile Oak being built. They were ignored, because someone realised that there was a need for housing.

Not the best comparison!! Mile Oak would be nicer without the houses and people there, Falmer will be beter with the Stadium!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Not the best comparison!! Mile Oak would be nicer without the houses and people there, Falmer will be beter with the Stadium!

OI!

parts of MO are ok.....few and far between I give you that, but its OK where we are:thumbsup:

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
Even now, I still cant quite believe this is happening. God bless Tony Bloom.

Fantastic pics Mendoza.

Brilliant pics. Have they started work on the North Stand yet? The PO seem to suggest so on ATFPT, but there still seems to be a blank space there.

Work is on-going with the foundations, most of which will be in by the end of next week. More work will then continue with the last remaining thrust wall and retaining walls with the steel erection of the stand itself due to start by the middle / end of March.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
There's a sight to make a grown man cry. Superb pics. Thanks for postiung them.

There's something a little surreal about this. I was born in 1972. For as long as I can realistically remember there have been murmurings of some sort or another about the club moving. I can scarcely believe it is actually happening.

I would say "finally, a ground to be proud of" but, truth be told, I was always proud of the Goldstone. It was home. Not much longer and we'll all have a new one.

Positivity, brothers!

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Marvelous pics fella, adds some different angles to those from JS

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
I know you mustn 't think these thoughts...BUT does anyone else thing that the Falmer residents may have had a point....Look how ENOURMOUS this stadium is going to be?

Its not exactly sunk in that much

:laugh:

and Huddersfield was built in an unspoilt Yorkshire Dale just as Brighton was built on top of the South Downs. And how many of the Falmer villagers were actually born in their duckponded village?

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
1st batch 2nd photo :thumbsup::falmer:

Yep I like that one too, shows the curve of the arch really well.

Also like the 2nd photo in the third batch, you can alomost imagine the players walking out that tunnel on to the pitch.

D

Deleted User X18H

Good work Brett.

Can't help thinking some of the views resemble Kennedy, trips to the moon from Moulsecoomb. Is Tony that rich?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here