Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mendoza's blog - reflections on Norwich game

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Blogs are what you want them to be mate, I just think you maybe leave yourself open to some of the spoons on here to bring up the 'hero' shananigans.

Good read though fella.

Fair enough, I guess thats true. Anything in the public eye is always going to get negativity of some description. Even the heroes thing wasnt all about me, I was just saying well done to all those who went. And it was in jest. I guess mud sticks with some even though that was a year ago

When are you doing youre blog, not seen one from you in a while, I love the gossip in those!

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
I thought it was a very good read summing up the frustration of an awful night for a Brighton Fan. Thanks Brett.

PS. I keep saying this but I have never had other than disappointment when watching the Albion at Carrow Road and through gritted teeth always admire the passion and vocal support of the Norfolk locals.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Thats some good quality soccerball scribings there Brett. Good work squire.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Love you to Richie, I didnt ask him to write that, I dont know why he did that. I have never said Im the only one that goes to games, I love being part of the atmosphere that makes an away crowd. Hence I write about it.

My point was only that any fans, not just Brett, who travel all the way from Sussex to Huddersfield or Norwich for midweek games and then see the team get stuffed are very loyal. I was very impressed with the turn out - more than we took for two midweek games there in the championship. It was a throwaway, thoughtless comment probably from my old habit of watching Dastardly and Mutley.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
My point was only that any fans, not just Brett, who travel all the way from Sussex to Huddersfield or Norwich for midweek games and then see the team get stuffed are very loyal. I was very impressed with the turn out - more than we took for two midweek games there in the championship. It was a throwaway, thoughtless comment probably from my old habit of watching Dastardly and Mutley.

Aside from how brilliant Mendoza is, I think the point that some people are making is this obsession about midweek games far away. Is it any more loyal than fans who make similar (often longer) journeys on Saturdays? What about those who shell out £500 a year just to go to home games, no days out included?

Dandyman

In London village.

Feb 2, 2007
Japan
That was a great little piece. Shame about the pissy, snide comments, but I guess that is NSC for you.

Is it just me that wonders how you manage to hold down a stable job and still manage to traipse all over the country watching the Albion?

guildfordgul

Jan 27, 2009
Crikey there really is no limits to the amount people will moan and nitpick on this site. If its not the team, the manager or the coaches its the people who share their views and experiences in an open, honest and entertaining way.

There must be more important things in your lives....?

sixnilup

Jul 24, 2007
Brett is suffering from Blind faith. This good, if no one had blind faith the Albion would get 0 fans watching them each week. Things will get better.
Saints game was brilliant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here