Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Memories of Christmas in Years gone by.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Hove Dogs on Boxing Day morning (first race 10:30, the hare dressed in a Santa hat) then a short stroll to the Goldstone for the 1pm kick-off.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Re: Re: Memories of Christmas in Years gone by.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Its been turned from a christian celebration of the birth of christ into a clintons holiday.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

too f***ing right mate.

bastards

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Perry Milkins said:

- Having presents to put together (Train sets etc)

That is my least favourite part of christmas!

And you can guarantee that yet again this christmas the grandparents will buy all sorts of toys that require a degree in engineering to put together. That or toys in boxes with those twisty plastic things holding them in!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Re: Re: Memories of Christmas in Years gone by.

Starry said:
That is my least favourite part of christmas!

And you can guarantee that yet again this christmas the grandparents will buy all sorts of toys that require a degree in engineering to put together. That or toys in boxes with those twisty plastic things holding them in!

you have been watching Grumpy Old Women at Christmas last night haven't you...LOL

My mate got a pair of Mick Jone's tieups...you remember the ones that had a flap of material which had LUFC on it and it was Yellow I seem to recall...I had a Trevor Cherry set ( as he lived up the road from my Grandma and got me one)

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Being raised in Croydon Christmas was always hard!!!!!:lolol: :lolol:

On a serious note as you say looking out for the festive TV schedule (Wizard Of Oz/Chitty bang bang as a kid)

Aunts and Uncles coming round Boxing day and annoying the hell out of me.

I still love christmas and having kids has brought back the xmas feeling and excitement.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Croydonbloke said:

Aunts and Uncles coming round Boxing day and annoying the hell out of me.

where did they park the caravans?

:down: :down:

sorry

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Re: Re: Re: Memories of Christmas in Years gone by.

dave the gaffer said:
you have been watching Grumpy Old Women at Christmas last night haven't you...LOL

My mate got a pair of Mick Jone's tieups...you remember the ones that had a flap of material which had LUFC on it and it was Yellow I seem to recall...I had a Trevor Cherry set ( as he lived up the road from my Grandma and got me one)

I have been watching Grumpy Old Women. These presents annoy me though, when I pick presents for children I always pick those least likely to cause any distress to their parents, people don't return the favour for us! LOL

Last year my parents brought my eldest daughter a dolls house which came in about 550 pieces. My husband had to glue it all together! lol

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Beano annuals, and the new Guinness Book of Records

Sorting all your presents into a big pile and trying to decide what to play with

Looking out the window to see who's got a new bike

Looking forward to your "table present" (as long as you've eaten all your spouts)

Watching the Big Film at 3.00 (usually Star Wars)

Everyone playing games in the evening

Staying up really really late

Dad giving you some of his beer ("make it last - when its gone, its gone")

Knocking one out in the toilet when the Queens Speech is on, and seeing if you can finish before she does

Charlie_g

Sep 18, 2003
Hove
My wifes in her mid thirties and she still gets a beano annual each year off her Dad. - sad eh.

Back on the subject

Christmas Morcambe and Wise show.

Indoor fireworks at my Grans.

Christmas Pud again at my Grans.She used to try and sneak 50p in each bit as it was served. We had to pretend we had not seen her do it - She was fab.

Constitutional walk on Boxing day afternoon.

Have to agree with Croydon bloke having young kids now has brought the magic of Christmas back

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Easy 10 said:

Looking forward to your "table present" (as long as you've eaten all your spouts)

eating spouts..........mmmmmm

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here