Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Membership scheme announced...

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
It's bollox isn't it. I reckon I'll give myself one season in the premier league if we get there before I bow out.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
This. We could all be jumping to the wrong conclusions and its not worth throwing a wobbly until we know all the details.

Breaking the news in stages. As others say, if it was free, they'd have made a big deal about it to drum up attention.

It won't be. You'll be charged (around) £30 to be on the database in order to get a ticket, definitely for home games, probably away games too. It's exactly the same scheme as Barber had at Spurs.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Sounds like another way to get more out of us like that seat for life shite.Did anyone ever buy one of them......???

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
why change it if its working already why bring something new in

Money.

Each new scheme is justified as more efficient than the last. New levels will be added. Jumping the queue schemes will be added. Then some years later a 'streamlined' service will be introduced where everyone pays £50 no matter what level they were at previously.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
Well I'm afraid Barber can sod off if he thinks I'm going to pay to be in a membership scheme. Hopefully, not many people will join this and the idea will fall on its arse.

I'm all for finding ways off increasing revenue but this takes the p*ss.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Mr Barber needs to read (or hopefully re-read) Build a Bonfire and We Want Falmer. He needs to connect with what should be the culture of the club. He should know why supporters are suspicious and know there is a better way to build a football club I.e. with the fans.

It's been said before, but we need a statement of the clubs values (not a customer charter) that lays out what the Albion stands for. It should stand for a better way forward for football. A way forward that involves fans; a way forward that campaigns for fairness, for access for young people and for a game that is about winning and doing the right thing.

Although he claimed to have read and understood about 'us', I don't think he did. And if he did, I don't think he gave a shit.
This is more Barber bollox. We are a unique club, that needs a unique CE.
Not a PR airhead.

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
Perhaps STHs are members automatically for no extra cost. The same a the gold membership worked at Withdean. That was pre-Barber.

Also there's been a "membership" link on the tickets page for ages, again, pre-Barber

I was thinking along the same lines, as a season ticket holder I think I pay enough to be a member already and get priority of sorts under the loyalty scheme.

I think the person or person's who thought up those 3 titles should be sacked immediately for being f'ing pointless waste of time space and money. So I shall not be voting as there is no option for sack the useless sod who thought these up!

How about Barbers customer priority money making scheme? got a ring to it.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Perhaps STHs are members automatically for no extra cost. The same a the gold membership worked at Withdean. That was pre-Barber.

Also there's been a "membership" link on the tickets page for ages, again, pre-Barber

Personally I have no idea what does or doesn't come back to Barber so my comment wasn't specifically directed at him - although you'll see I did acknowledge the rather bizarre Blue Membership earlier on - not sure that ever actually came into play for any member?! But there is a sentence that does suggest this will affect STH as well in the release. Perhaps this is badly worded.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Strange - as someone else has touched on - I paid for a LIFE time membership years ago. The company is still the same one so is Barber seriously wanting to break the sale of goods act ??

I don't care if this is statement is speculation but I really hope the battle ongoing is Gus v Barber and that Gus wins. Barber ( if the speculation of this scheme is true ) is a menace. We need rid of him.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Strange - as someone else has touched on - I paid for a LIFE time membership years ago. The company is still the same one so is Barber seriously wanting to break the sale of goods act ??

They always said it was for the life of the membership scheme as it was.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Paying extra on top of a season ticket (if it comes to that) to get higher priority for away games when we hardly sell out, hmmm. Hopefully its better than that.

How did those private seat licences sell again ...

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
Money.

Each new scheme is justified as more efficient than the last. New levels will be added. Jumping the queue schemes will be added. Then some years later a 'streamlined' service will be introduced where everyone pays £50 no matter what level they were at previously.
i agree mate its all about money now

chairman

Mar 5, 2009
lostwithiel cornwall
as chairman of the supporters club i am interested to hear more of the scheme, we havnt been consulted and the supporters club is independant of the club and its important we retain this as past troubles in the Archer years will testify. As all supporters we want what is best for the football club , i personaly will await developments with interest. my question is will we loose our identity as a family club run with the help and for the fans. and become so big that most fans will find it difficult to identify with it . we will see.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
They always said it was for the life of the membership scheme as it was.

No they didn't.

That was just something some bright spark came up with as a play on semantics when they wanted to wriggle out of the lifetime commitment to fans.

It would make NO sense and would be legally dodgy to describe a lifetime membership scheme as simply being for the lifetime of the scheme.

They got away with it last time as nobody challenged it legally.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here