Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Melanie Cuttress letter in t'afrgus

Some of you may have missed this gem...........................

Letter: We have the right to state our case
Ivor Caplin MP should not have made wild accusations that Falmer Parish Council have "lined up a number of witnesses who had nothing to do with the original inquiry as a disgraceful and outrageous delaying tactic" (The Argus, January 24).

In fact just two villagers are appearing at the football stadium public inquiry to present Falmer's case - hardly a delaying tactic as, at the original inquiry, 12 villagers appeared.

Furthermore, at the new inquiry, most time (two weeks) is allocated to Brighton and Hove Albion which has paid nine consultants to draw up and present their case, no doubt at vast expense.

Falmer Village cannot afford to pay one consultant let alone nine and so is disadvantaged from the start.

-Councillor MA Cutress, Falmer Parish Council, Victoria Cottages, Falmer

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Anyone available to set her straight on a few facts?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Jam The Man said:
Anyone available to set her straight on a few facts?

Ms. Cuttress is one of the players at the the Inquiry. She's entitled to fight her corner same as we are. Might not agree with her views, but she's entitled to put them across.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
She's probably right about FPC only having 2 witnesses because they can't afford any. However since LDC are fighting their corner they will have loads and we now see them as one and the same.

Also the wife of an Albion season ticket holder!! He spoke against the stadium at the original enquiry too. Percys Pende plans may be potty but this guys proposal to develop Withdean was even more laughable IMO. Who is the most trecherous? Judge for yourself ???

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
mona said:
Easy answer here............BOYCOTT FORFARS if you're an Albion fan.

Already been doing so for over a year.....mind you I don't half miss their cream puffs!

:lolol:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Rangdo said:
She's probably right about FPC only having 2 witnesses because they can't afford any. However since LDC are fighting their corner they will have loads and we now see them as one and the same.

By fully recommending Sheepcote, Lewes DC has proved it is certainly NOT fighting the villagers' cause.

Last edited:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
The Large One said:
By fully recommending Sheepcote, Lewes DC has proved it is certainly NOT fighting the villagers' cause.

Well it depends what you think their aims are. Personally I think they know that Falmer is the best of the bunch and their goal is to delay and obstruct in order to put it off as long as possible.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Rangdo said:
Well it depends what you think their aims are. Personally I think they know that Falmer is the best of the bunch and their goal is to delay and obstruct in order to put it off as long as possible.

Very probably. But a tactic doomed to failure. Two witnesses on behalf of Falmer is nothing and they ought to be ripped to shreds by Jonathan Clay, especially as their field of expertise - Falmer - is not a topic for debate.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
The Large One said:
Very probably. But a tactic doomed to failure. Two witnesses on behalf of Falmer is nothing and they ought to be ripped to shreds by Jonathan Clay, especially as their field of expertise - Falmer - is not a topic for debate.

I can see it now:
Clay: What is your opinion of the traffic implications on Sheepcote?
Nimby: Don't know.
Clay: Ok, then what is your opinion on the likelihood that the club could obtain land at Shorham Harbour?
Brier: Then why are you here?
Nimby: To oppose a stadium that will not be visible from my house and will only be used 26 times a year.
Brier: f*** off you small-minded, inbred, interfering knob-jockey. Next witness.

ShorehamGull

He's now back
Jul 6, 2003
Shoreham of course
Rangdo said:
I can see it now:
Clay: What is your opinion of the traffic implications on Sheepcote?
Clay: Ok, then what is your opinion on the likelihood that the club could obtain land at Shorham Harbour?
Brier: Then why are you here?
Nimby: To oppose a stadium that will not be visible from my house and will only be used 26 times a year.
Brier: f*** off you small-minded, inbred, interfering knob-jockey. Next witness.

:lolol: :lolol:

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
How many properties are there in the suburb of Falmer?
The Cuttress family have made their money out of Brighton. Now they are desperate for their little Brighton suburb to pretend it is a village near Lewes.
Give them hell.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Not every household in Falmer is against the football stadium either.

ShorehamGull

He's now back
Jul 6, 2003
Shoreham of course
Yorkie said:
Not every household in Falmer is against the football stadium either.

Agreed there, I think one of our directors lives there, Bob Pinnock is it?

ShorehamGull

He's now back
Jul 6, 2003
Shoreham of course
Have not been to Forfars for quite a few years, never ever will go there at all now

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here