Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Medical Research Voluteer

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
I am looking into the whole idea of that medical thing..where they give you sh** loads of cash for filling you with drugs. Now I know the possible dangers hence all the media coverage of those people that looked like an elephant man beuty concert. The study is just a sleep study...no so majoor drugs will be involved and it it also is a 12 night sleep over..so bags of cash for my Oz move!

Anyone done one or considered?

Discuss

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Sorry for poor grammer...very early!

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
My niece who occasionally posts on here does these studies two or three times a year. She doesn't do anything where they give any medicine but does sleep, exercise type ones.

She just did one a few weeks before Christmas and had to run attached to monitors for X hours a day and then only sleep for X hours. I don't know how much she get paid, she did that one and a sleep study that involved getting woken up every 53 minutes or something, but she took her boyfriend to Granada for Christmas so it can't be too shabby!

Last edited:

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2
done 2 tests in the last 12 months.....best part of 2 grand in the bank for about 3 days work-just make sure you're not testing anything that sounds dodgey, ie stuff thats never been tested before!

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
Blimey the job situation must be bad. I know you said the office is full of muppets but it must be bad if you want to do this. Sounds good if you dont get hurt and the money is good though.

Jul 25, 2006
butchy said:
done 2 tests in the last 12 months.....best part of 2 grand in the bank for about 3 days work-just make sure you're not testing anything that sounds dodgey, ie stuff thats never been tested before!

2 grand for 3 days of non-work??? where do I sign up?

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
In the STANDARD on Friday there was a company looking for SPERM donors.

Think they were only paying expenses tho.

*splurt*

Staypuft

Sep 21, 2006
Lewes
I did a series of tests for cash when I was a student in Nottingham. got paid £650 (in 1995) for 3 afternoons sitting in hospital having blood and stomach acid tests. Had double effect as the drugs they had given me stopped me drinking for a month right before my exams. (although I reckon it was a placebo they had given me)

I would check out exactly what the procedure is when they conduct the test. I had a combination of blood tests that involved inserting a tap into my arm (not too bad) and stomach acid tests that involved inserting a tube through my nose, down my throat and into my stomach (very very very uncomfortable)

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
Rougvie said:
In the STANDARD on Friday there was a company looking for SPERM donors.

Think they were only paying expenses tho.

*splurt*

Could you claim your dvd and magazine collections on expenses?

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
I looked into doing it whilst I was a student. They said you'd need to go in for a pre and a post medical in addition to your stay. I was planning on doing it during the holidays so it would have involved a lot of travelling so I didn't end up going through it.

BTW when they ask how many units you drink, lie and say somthing under 21. My mate said he didn't know but estimated about 20 pints a week. He was informed that was probably about 50 units, which was a bit excessive and was told to come back once he'd cut down on the booze. :drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here