Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Meanwhile, over at Enormous Leeds….

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Some real fun sponges around here these days.

SBSP

1722147216690.png

Biggest Seagulls fan around. Being from the sea and all

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I wonder if their fans kicked up a fuss in season 2007/8 with the Red Kite logo.
The guardian article suggests that objections to the colour red may be a recent development. I'm not so sure though. I remember being petty back when I was first married almost 30 years ago, my wife bought me a top with a eagle design on it, not Lyle and Scott, and the look on her face when I explained I could never wear it. Football fans have always been delightfully petty.

Last edited:

Anger

Jul 21, 2017
The guardian article suggests that objections to the colour red may be a recent development. I'm not so sure though. I remember being petty back when I was first married almost 30 years ago, my wife bought me a top with a eagle design on it, not Lyle and Scott, and the look on her face when I explained I could never wear it. Football fans have always been delightfully petty.
Refusing a gift of clothing because it has an eagle on it is perfectly acceptable and not in the least bit petty.

Keep up the good work.

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
He was invited to some traditional native dancing apparently. Eight men of considerable girth took off white shirts to display their illustrated bodies. The leader then picked up his shirt twirled it around his head and his cohorts followed suit chanting in tongues proclaiming “We are Leeds! We are Leeds!” and other chants about “Yuksher”.

Nadiem Amiri left soon after in a state of flux and caught the first flight back to Germany.
Before overturning a police car !

monty uk

Sep 25, 2018
There is precedence.

Portsmouth's Spinnaker tower was due to be painted red for Emirates sponsor's colour. Fans objected and it was painted blue instead.

With a loss to the council of thousands of pounds for the 100 litres of red paint they had bought and subsequently gave away.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Can we start calling them “Red Bull Leeds” now then?

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I'm hoping that Middlebrough and Burnley are as good as they have looked in their opening games.
Would another defeat in the play-offs be too much to wish for?

I hope we don't lend Leeds any players to improve them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here