Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mcshane

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Les Biehn said:
Ok, if its not an issue then why did he get roasted against people like Adebola?

Canavarro is the best because his reading of the game is unbelieveable. Not sure McShane's reading of the game is up there with his.

Is Cannavaro 19 years old?

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Les Biehn said:
Ok, if its not an issue then why did he get roasted against people like Adebola?

Canavarro is the best because his reading of the game is unbelieveable. Not sure McShane's reading of the game is up there with his.

Of course he is not at that level, but his strengths are his heading, positional play and reading of the game, hence why he will make a decent enough central defender.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Uncle Buck said:
Of course he is not at that level, but his strengths are his heading, positional play and reading of the game, hence why he will make a decent enough central defender.

Thats not really answered the first bit of my question.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Uncle Buck said:
Only watched one game this season he has played in and he sparked the bloke....

So to answer that question it is because he got out muscled, but the example you used is a player that will out muscle a number of defenders in that league, so is it a fair example?

Well yes, because he needs to be able to deal with it better than he did if he wants to make it at a higher level. And lets be honest if Adebola did that frequently to a number of defenders wouldn't he be playing at a higher level.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
hans kraay fan club said:
Is Cannavaro 19 years old?

No, and as I said he can go to CB when he fills out. Or (I will add) when he has the experience to deal with it. At the moment though his best chance of top flight football is at RB.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Tubby Mondays said:
Does anyone know if Mickey Bennett is being linked to any transfer moves at present?

The Mickey Bennett who played for Coventry about 30 years ago?:ohmy:

Yes - he's apparently going to Newcastle to play alongside Titus Bramble.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Uncle Buck said:
Well I do not agree that is should be as a right back.

His best position is centre back and this where he will play in the end.

I never said he wouldn't end up there.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Uncle Buck said:
Like Lynch his best position is centre back and given a run there he will show that (at this stage).

You are more than entitled to your opinion. Just kind of begs the question why he has been playing RB rather than CB for a team in the play off zone most of the season.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Uncle Buck said:
Competition for places at present.

Because of comeptition for places they play a Prem quality CB at RB? If you say so UB.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Uncle Buck said:
They have Davies playing as well.

I do not agree that he will only make it as a full back at the top flight. Just like I did not agree with you at the beginning of this season that Lynch should be playing as a full back.

Not sure what one argument has to do with the other. Each situation and player needs to be taken on their merits.

As I have said time and time again you are entitled to your opinion, you will just have to accept mine is different.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here