Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McShane to miss Palace game

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
What is wrong with Dodd as a centre back? I know it's not the paciest of parings (with Butters) but i'd be far more convinced that way.

And before anyone argues that Dodd isn't match fit, i can't believe El-Abd is much fitter.

Oh well, i guess it'll be El-Abd judging by McGhees comments on the radio, so lets just hope its against Stoke...

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I would put Dodd instead of Hart as he has more nous as a defender.

AJ's Love Monkey said:
Could be but can you take the risk? :)

Why not? He saw off Darren Bent who's leapfrogged your injury-hit forgotten man in the England pecking order :D

rogue

Banned
Aug 26, 2005
In a police cell
Is Dodd back now from injury?

Beach Hut said:
I would put Dodd instead of Hart as he has more nous as a defender.

The full-back situation was difficult tonight - time for Dodd to come in and restore poor Reidy to his best side of the pitch.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
El abd is a lot stronger in the air than dodd and generally stronger and more powerful over all, would think this is why mc ghee wants him as centre half. I dont think he will let anyone down.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
London Irish said:
The full-back situation was difficult tonight - time for Dodd to come in and restore poor Reidy to his best side of the pitch.

Ok, from what i saw Hart played very well tonight, but Reid had a bit of a hellish second half after an excellent first.

El-abd however came on at fullback and was done straight away for their goal????

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
London Irish said:

Dodds best side of the pitch is the right as well! I think we just need some luck getting that left back we've been chasing.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
I'm prepared to be flamed, but guess who we missed in midfield tonight. London Irish, you are correct, I thought Reid was abysmal tonight, and not only once Seol came on. El Abd did very well against Ipswich last season, so he would be the obvious choice. Mind you, what was the defence doing ball watching when Wolves equalised. McGhee needs to give them a rollicking big time.:angry: :angry:

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Withdean Wanderer said:
Ok, from what i saw Hart played very well tonight, but Reid had a bit of a hellish second half after an excellent first.

El-abd however came on at fullback and was done straight away for their goal????

Couldnt say about el abd's part in the goal but bob booker didnt seem very happy with kazim for giving the ball away cheaply just before.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
West Hoathly Seagull said:
I'm prepared to be flamed, but guess who we missed in midfield tonight. London Irish, you are correct, I thought Reid was abysmal tonight, and not only once Seol came on. El Abd did very well against Ipswich last season, so he would be the obvious choice. Mind you, what was the defence doing ball watching when Wolves equalised. McGhee needs to give them a rollicking big time.:angry: :angry:

I assume your talking about oatway? The only problem i have with nicholas is that he's a bit lightweight. I still think our best central midfield is hammond and chippy by a mile.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I haven't seen a player ratings thread - but, although i'm not the biggest fan, i thought Nicolas had a very good game tonight. However, as i pointed out on Saturday, with one of Chippy or Oatway in the side our midfield has a lot more shape

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
sir danny cullip said:
I assume your talking about oatway? The only problem i have with nicholas is that he's a bit lightweight. I still think our best central midfield is hammond and chippy by a mile.
Nicolas is small but I wouldn't call him lightwieght. He's like a terrier.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Withdean Wanderer said:
I haven't seen a player ratings thread - but, although i'm not the biggest fan, i thought Nicolas had a very good game tonight. However, as i pointed out on Saturday, with one of Chippy or Oatway in the side our midfield has a lot more shape

I thought Nicolas played well tonight

sir danny cullip said:
Couldnt say about el abd's part in the goal but bob booker didnt seem very happy with kazim for giving the ball away cheaply just before.

That was a bad one - but what you get from a young player alas. He'll be shown the video plenty of times this week I bet! He tires badly in the last third of games and it was only Leon's inert presence that kept him on, but still a mistake that McGhee will be rueing.

Withdean Wanderer said:

I thought Nicolas did OK without showing he's overcome his agrophobic fear of entering the opposition half. But I maintain none of our 4 central midfielders are good enough to play as an isolated pair. Although Frutos' workrate is praiseworthy, I would reluctantly sacrifice him for playing 3 of our central midfielders closely together and feeding Carole's wing. I don't mind which 3 of our 4 central midfielders, drop Oatway if you want, but release Hammond from his defensive duties and get him bombing into the box more.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here