Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McNulty next to go....

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

Which is why we shouldn't be letting McNulty go IMHO.

Adam has shown himself to be a very credible centre-half, and that is clearly his best position. Whereas left-back is the worst position for him .... of those we've played him in anyway.

1. Good CB
2. Ok RB
3. Ok-ish Holding MF

Nothing else.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Would be great to keep McNulty as cover but he's too good for that really.

Too good? Based on what? Certainly no performances I saw since his injury

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Tell me that's just guesswork :nono: How the hell did we agree to pay him nearly £200,000 per year? :wozza:

I took that from a chesterfield forum earlier. Apparently was common knowledge at Port Vale and we were paying most of it while he was on loan

mccraque

Feb 24, 2009
Am sure I remember reading that Marcos Painter is either a leftback or centreback.

Could we not just solve the experienced centreback problem by shifting him across one and keeping Jimmy?

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Am sure I remember reading that Marcos Painter is either a leftback or centreback.

Could we not just solve the experienced centreback problem by shifting him across one and keeping Jimmy?
Well, Marcos is only 23, and has only made about 100 appearances in his career to date, so is, in theory, less experienced than both El-Abd and Elphick!

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
The new signing is NOT a left back by trade, but can play there. So I don't think McNulty would be a bench warmer if they signed him.

Scunthorpe United complete loan signing of Irish international Eddie Nolan

SCUNTHORPE United have completed a six-month loan deal for young Preston left-back Eddie Nolan.

The 21-year-old Republic of Ireland International has joined the Iron until January 3, filling the remaining problem position in manager Nigel Adkins's squad.

Nolan played 14 times during a loan spell for Sheffield Wednesday last campaign but will now turn his attentions to trying to fill the boots of Marcus Williams at Glanford Park after the former Iron trainee signed on a free transfer for Reading earlier this summer.

The Waterford-born defender has been capped at all levels for his country and began his professional career at Blackburn Rovers.

Only paper talk, but would suggest they won't be going after McNulty now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here