Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MCnulty is he any good?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
where do you think you guys will finish next year then?
i will look out for your results because i think poyets a class act

12th-17th but really depends on how we start I guess

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
A few months after Jimmy Mac went to Scunny, and Sparrow to us, their fans were convinced they had the better of the deal. Considering what Sparrow achieved in 11 years there, that's pretty high praise for McNulty.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought that Jim McNulty looked class until his horrific injury since when he has appearred, quite understandably, to be apprehensive of jumping for balls when he may get knocked. It is possibly a physcological attitude but taking into account the enormity of the injury one can understand that and would not blame him. It is however a problem that has to be overcome for him to continue a succesful career as a footballer.

Tarntyke

Jun 22, 2011
Arismendi was pretty much useless, had a few good games but the rest he was garbage and not interested..... But so was the rest of the team playing robins negative football without being able to express themselves

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I always did think he was a good player, and to be honest, I'm still a little bemused that we are not keeping his as cover for Painter. We are currently looking for full-back cover, and the sort of player I'm hoping we find, is erm, well, another Jimmy McNulty.

He'll always be a bit of a cult figure in our house as my son has the gloves he wore in the away game at Villa Park, which turned out to be he farewell appearance. Not that we realised at the time.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
Arismendi was pretty much useless, had a few good games but the rest he was garbage and not interested..... But so was the rest of the team playing robins negative football without being able to express themselves

Looks like Keith Hill is taking Rochdale`s best players with him.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Keith Hill is a very good choice as manager, his team gave us two really difficult games last year. As regards McNulty, I'm quite sad that he's leaving as we only got a brief glimpse of what he could do, although given his bad luck with injuries here I can understand his willingness to move. Injury free, you'll have a good player.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Jimmy Mac is a decent left back who was doing alright until a serious injury led to one of his kidneys being removed. He had a slow run back to recovery gaining full fitness when he suffered an ankle injury which kept him out for several months and it happened again whilst on loan at Scunny. He came back to Brighton to have corrective surgery to remove a floating bone chip and is now recovered from that. With Marcos Painter as number 1 choice LB he will only be a benchwarmer if he stays and given the choice he will prefer first team football to playing in the reserves.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Keep him fit and you've got yourself a bargain, he's a very decent attacking left back, you could easily mistake him for a left winger at times, It's a shame it hasn't really worked out for him here ever since that horror injury.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Just two words from me to add to all the other comments......

Class act.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Does anybody know how much Jimmy Mac was sold for?
It says 'undisclosed' on the official website. It seems every transfer is listed as 'undisclosed' these days!

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I heard that they were looking at playing jimmy Mac centre back at Barnsley so you must be a bit thin on the ground there. Sounds like he' s there to give Barnsley some options.

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
In the few games that we saw him, he became a favourite of mine cos he was so obviously up for each game and he has such a classy left foot that the ball just stuck too, great control and he was great pushing up from defence too. Such a shame what happened to him cos im sure hed have become a good player for us. If you can get him fit a good signing.

bobby smith

Jan 20, 2011
WORTHING
I thought he looked different class in the little that we saw of him, if he will ever be as good as he was after the dreadful injury is another matter

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Morning All,

Barnsley fan here, theres reports up here that we are signing Mcnulty from you guys.

just wondered if he was any good? any opinions on him would be welcome.

all the best for next year folks

And to you Tarntyke.... Couple of things about this post, whilst we find our feet for this season in this league I've got a little feeling you may struggle, whats your thoughts ?. The day he had his injury I was in the next hospital cubicle at the sussex county hospital. What you have is a true man, heart on sleeve who will give you everything, shame it wasn't for us !! I am sure I wish him well on behalf of all Brighton fans and a warm welcome will await when he comes down here !! as for you mmmm LOL

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here