Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McLeish has left

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Apparently he is the 'surprise' candidate for the Villa job, it is making sense now.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Have we had a Gus to Birmingham thread yet? Take this post as it and can we then give it a rest?

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Villa fans not HP on Talk-Shite. Those fuckers will never be happy with whoever they get. Birmingham on the way down, down, down.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Villa fans not HP on Talk-Shite. Those fuckers will never be happy with whoever they get. Birmingham on the way down, down, down.

Sense Sense Sense this. It all makes it.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Mcleish is a very good manager so hardly surprising Villa has made a move although they allegedly went off the idea of Hughes as resigned which makes little sense.

Wonder where Hughes will end up.

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
McLeish will be as welcome to Birmingham as Murray is to the Amex.

I think it'll be much, much worse. Purely because that rivalry has been on fire in recent seasons, whereas our rivalry has only had an added spice over Judas when we've barely met them for a few years now.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I was watching SSN when it was announced that Martinez was staying with Wigan. Many of the Villa fans they got comments from praised his loyalties and gave him credit for what he had done with Wigan.

Then there was a run of fans who talked like a guy who has just been turned down by a supermodel, about how they can do better than that anyway.

I'm wondering, if the Wigan manager (who has a history of jumping when a bigger club comes calling) turns down Villa, what does it say about the appeal Villa holds as a potential job? When O'Neil had them pushing for the top four it looked like a plum job, but he left, and since then they seem to have fallen.

Are villa still seen as a big opportunity for managers, or has O'neil talking of not getting the financial backing needed, and a season in the lower half soured the position? Will Villa fans accept this and readjust their ideas of who they want?

Last edited:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I think it'll be much, much worse. Purely because that rivalry has been on fire in recent seasons, whereas our rivalry has only had an added spice over Judas when we've barely met them for a few years now.

Agreed. Was just thinking of a similar situation. However this may make Birmingham a less than fancied club for promotion next season, which is good for us.

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
Agreed. Was just thinking of a similar situation. However this may make Birmingham a less than fancied club for promotion next season, which is good for us.

Indeed, I'm loving all these twists and turns in the Championship, could play a massive role into how we do :clap2:

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
I was watching SSN when it was announced that Martinez was staying with Wigan. Many of the Villa fans they got comments from praised his loyalties and gave him credit for what he had done with Wigan.

Then there was a run of fans who talked like a guy who has just been turned down by a supermodel, about how they can do better than that anyway.

I'm wondering, if the Wigan manager (who has a history of jumping when a bigger club comes calling) turns down Villa, what does it say about the appeal Villa holds as a potential job? When O'Neil had them pushing for the top four it looked like a plum job, but he left, and since then they seem to have fallen.

Are villa still seen as a big opportunity for managers, or has O'neil talking of not getting the financial backing needed, and a season in the lower half soured the position? Will fans Villa accept this and readjust their ideas of who they want?

Reckon you are very close in your summing-up. Simply Villa were and never will be able to compete,they think they are 'big' but facts say different.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here