Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McLaren may of found their lost Button

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Hamilton will destroy him, just like he did when they had equal cars at the end of last season.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If were talking crystal balls I predict that

Button will finish more races.
Hamilton will do better in Quali and wins
They won’t get on, especially if Button is within a few tenths of Hamilton
Red Bull will piss the championship
Next years Ferrari will be shithouse

I'd agree with the the 1st three points

Red Bull, what engine have they got next season? If it's the Renault I doubt they will piss the Championship, they may even need an engine switch if Renault pull out. That will bring it's own problems.

Ferrari have Alonso, arguably the best driver as well as the the best on the grid at set up. They will be throwing shitloads of money at the car and they recovered quite well after the disaster that both they and McClaren suffered early season. I think they'll be competitive

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Red Bull will piss the championship

Just checked on the engines, if Renault pull out the Red Bull will have a Cosworth engine. Doubt they'll even make the top three if that's the case.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
as much as im loved seeing Button win the chamionship, no one seriously considers him a top driver - just look at his performances prior to this season. I dont think he will have the hunger either, he's achieved more than he probably ever expected in actually winning the championship. McLaren should have gone for one of the Redbull boys, they where sharp all year and face a season ahead with an inferior car.

until you consider this...

The main rule change next year is doing away with re-fuelling...

I wonder if Buttons reputation as a smooth (some would say slow, relativly) driver means he will have an advantage on fuel economy, making it a shrewd move by McLaren. after all, its fair to say they know a bit more about what they are doing then us in our armchairs.

Last edited:

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
PLEASE stop referring to the team as McClaren! That is the name of a shit former England manager, not a formula one team. They are called McLaren.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here