Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGhee's public bollocking of the team

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
oapdodge said:
I thought the huddle was a way of saying we are all together. It was a great move. Knight did applaud the fans before going off, while McGhee was having a go at the ref. The performance was ok. We played the better football. Unlucky to have the goal disallowed. We were the better team in the first half. Coventry came out of the blocks quicker in the 2nd half and got given a penalty that the players could do nothing about. Then we got back in the game. Looked like we could have gone on and won the game. Micky Adams threw on 3 up front and had to go for the win that thay needed. The difference between the teams were the players Adams had at his disposal on the bench. Adebola and Benjamin are decent players and caused us problems. We replaced Mccammon with McPhee neither are match fit. I thought the performance was ok and we were unlucky not to come away with a point. However the lack of squad players and funds have done us again. They are moving out of a stadium we would love to have. We are still competing out of our depth and are doing a bloody good job to even have a chance of staying up. McGhee is doing a fantastic job. If we pull it out of the bag and stay up he deserves manager of the season.

:clap: :clap:

eastlondonseagull said:
So interesting to read all these differing perspectives of the same game.

No one seems to have mentioned the f***ing parting of the red sea for Cov's winner. Yes, terrible terrible ref, but we only have our own ineptitude to blame for the winner. We just sat back, let him come at us for a good five/six seconds, and then watched as he had a pop. You could see it coming a mile off. If only everyone had the same grit and determination as Virgs.

Absolutely (and I am still fuming about the dreadful ref, THAT decision! and his exceedinly one eyed biased lineman - the one on the far side - who gave them every decision!)

Their winner was entirely down to McPhee not challenging back AT ALL when he lost possession. Everyone else worked their arses off on Saturday and he came on and (I'm sorry to say this because I think he has real potential) ponced about without adding anything to the team......................

Elms

May 11, 2004
Horsham
Storer68 said:
Their winner was entirely down to McPhee not challenging back AT ALL when he lost possession. Everyone else worked their arses off on Saturday and he came on and (I'm sorry to say this because I think he has real potential) ponced about without adding anything to the team......................

I'm glad this has been picked up on. My Dad was giving McPhee all sorts of stick well before Staunton reached the edge of the box. It's hard to excuse that sort of mistake, and what makes it 10 times worse was that he'd only been on the pitch 5 minutes or so. It was his job to track back, and he cocked up. I hope McGhee gave him a right bollocking, missing out on a point on Saturday could prove critical.

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
Storer68 said:
Absolutely (and I am still fuming about the dreadful ref, THAT decision! and his exceedinly one eyed biased lineman - the one on the far side - who gave them every decision!)

Not so sure it was down to McPhee. Having watched the goal a few times again I think the goal was down to Hammond. He followed the ball after Staunton laid it off for the one - two and left Staunton on his own. Oatway was already near the player Staunton passed to and had Hammond just tracked back with the run of Staunton he may well have intercepted the pass. If you get a chance have a look. Also watched the penalty over and over and just can't see it. Harts run and pass to Virgs has also been very underated. While I'm at it if you watch the goal we had disallowed that was very,very tight. The Coventry right back might well have played McCammon on. It was not our day.
:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

JSD Albion

Jul 17, 2003
Burgess Hill
Not sure where this thing about our disallowed goal being other than offside is coming from. I was in line, and McCammon was well offside - the fact that he made no contact doesn't matter, it wasn't for want of trying.

Overall, I thought we were unlucky not to take a point based on our first half performance, but there's no doubt that Cov finished looking like the side who wanted the win.

Roger Mellie

Sep 27, 2004
London SE1
Diificult to blame Mc Phee for anything but the start of a shite bit of defending all round - they were knackered and just didn't sort it out - class finish. Apart from that all the bent ref and his merry fuckin men

Kukev31

Feb 2, 2005
Birmingham
I think because it was Steve Staunton, noone expected him to score so they weren't so urgent to close them down. Which ultimately cost them.

They didn't show that bit on the telly. Staunton disposses Mcphee and then strode off leaving hammond in his wake and drawing Oatway off his marking, and then played the one two. striding into the open space.

McPhee just STOOD STOCK STILL WHEN HE LOST THE BALL AND WATCHED STANTUNTON saunter of f to score the winner.

It was as poor a piece of football as i have seen all season as we could all sea the hige hole that Staunton was runing into UN-CHALLENEGD

My reaction was to give McPhee a right:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :censored:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here