Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGhee

How has the news about contracts changed your opinion of McGhee and the club?

• no change- still want McGhee out

Votes: 33 31.1%
  • no change- still have full confidence in McGhee

Votes: 11 10.4%
  • outraged- want him out even more

Votes: 10 9.4%
  • annoyed- starting to think he should go

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • satisfied- but still want him out

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • annoyed- but still want him to stay

Votes: 11 10.4%
  • satisfied- so i still want him to stay

Votes: 17 16.0%
  • pleased- am glad we kept McGhee

Votes: 14 13.2%
  • outraged- want a complete turnover, D.K out as well

Votes: 5 4.7%

• Total voters

Freddo

May 14, 2006
Clapham
The announcement of the contract renewals have made me want McGhee out even more. Has your opinion changed?

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
No- he is a legend for gaining promotion via the play-offs and keeping us in the division a year longer than most expected.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
bollocks, he's a f***ing clown, spawned promotion and fluked staying up . . .this year he's been right royally found out.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
zefarelly said:
bollocks, he's a f***ing clown, spawned promotion and fluked staying up . . .this year he's been right royally found out.

So who would we get instead who would be certain to do a better job than him, but who would agree to work within the financial restrictions suffered by the club until we get Falmer?

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
zefarelly said:

Bollocks, Dick Knight gave him hardly f*** all money for the players he was forced to sell. He is the only manager to stick by us when the rest have walked due to the stadium saga. Give the bloke a break and we may just get back up next year.

philgull25

Jul 29, 2005
Polegate
bhafc4eva said:
Bollocks, Dick Knight gave him hardly f*** all money for the players he was forced to sell. He is the only manager to stick by us when the rest have walked due to the stadium saga. Give the bloke a break and we may just get back up next year.

i agree with you but dick gave him f*** all money because there is f*** all money. lets not have a go at him too.:angry:

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
pleased- am glad we kept McGhee, but would have liked to keep mcgammon on a pay as you play contact if posible as he seemed good in l1 last season with brizzel c.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
For me this doesn't change things, the juries still out. It's pretty much what I expected apart from Kerry who I would have released and Nicolas who was perhaps worth another year.

What matters now is who we bring in and whether moving Wilkins to head coach acts to smooth the introduction of the next generation of youth teamers into the first team.

le fabue

Have an adequate day
Jan 19, 2005
Bramley
I'm behind McGhee 100%. Some dodgy decisions for sure but what manager hasn't? If we're in the top 3 by the end of October he'll be everyone's hero again.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I would like to see us have a steady team who play footbal on the ground and work on each other's strengths. McGhee doesn't seem that way to me right now and i am tired of a lack of honesty and praise in the right departments alongside criticism of working without cash. Constant exterior excuses rather than bold, excitable dreams pre-season. He holds no brush with delicate oils. Just scratches with the muck in his paws.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Annoyed by his decison with the player contracts, but still want him here.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
zefarelly said:

next season will tell all eh?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
First option... he will not last past about 12 games if we are not in or near the play-off's at that stage... then... over to Wendy, perhaps with an experienced manager working alongside...

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
bhafc4eva said:

VERY VERY GOOD POINT :clap:

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
AlexFrutos said:
So who would we get instead who would be certain to do a better job than him, but who would agree to work within the financial restrictions suffered by the club until we get Falmer?

As usual when we change a manager, there would be loads of applications for our job. Theres lots of managers working under much greater financial constraints than us in the lower leagues. Our crowds will be ok for league 1, we've got a half decent team which should be in the top half of the division so why wouldn't someone want the job!

As long as the managers salary is decent, maybe not the £5k per week we are apparently paying McGhee now but still six figures, they will be queueing up!

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Exactly. We've had tons of applications when we've been in worse positions than we are now, and will again - and I daresay just about all of them would do a better job than McGhee. The contracts issue is just another of his cock-ups to add to the mountainous pile. We're not that desperate that we can't do better than that useless clown.

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
SI 4 BHA said:

As long as the managers salary is decent, maybe not the £5k per week we are apparently paying McGhee now but still six figures, they will be queueing up!

When was £5000 a six figure number?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here