Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mcghee

rogue

Banned
Aug 26, 2005
In a police cell
So Reid is playing out of position.Would you rather Mayo playing there instead?:jester:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
McGhee has made only one big mistake this season imo and it may well be that he has done all he could anyway - the signing of an out and out LB. It would release Reid to RB or midfield. Can't believe McGhee hasn't been pulling out all the stops though

CKR is a gamble that has only partially come off and I don't think he was expected to have to take as much responsibilty as he has. Losing McCammon has probably had far more effect than his many detractors would have you believe, he is the one player we have up front who can mix it with big defenders. The other small forwards could have a field day if he can knock balls down in the box. Robinson forced his way into the team and has failed, understandably, to live up to the hype. McGhee remember was very reluctant to play him early in the season, so he knows his limitations at the moment.

Leon has shown far more maturity this season, and his unfortunate reverting to prima donna is hopefully over and he can continue as he has done for most of the season so far, but with a better strike rate.

Frutos and Carole are the proving astute signings and Turienzo needs to be given time before being dismissed as appears to happening on here after 20 mins on Saturday.

McGhee deserves a bit of loyalty during this worrying spell, we probably wouldn't even be here withouth his wheeling and dealing and bizarre team selections. Really can't belive anyone seriously wants to sack him.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Mcghee

rogue said:
That about sums up my reply.Thank you.Just appreciate what McGhee has achieved on very limited resources.If he keeps us up again then he deserves to lead us out at Falmer.At least we are a hard to to beat and when our players are back from injury we will be ok.You will see a new left back in Jan.Wait and see

Were you there on Saturday?

We were not hard to beat, once we went behind we rolled over. At times it was embarrasing and we never looked like scoring. If you are willing to accept that then fine, but I would rather like us to get results.

Is 6 wins in 2005 a fantastic achievement? I do not think so. Is nearly being safe in January but then taking it to the last game really that great? Granted that we did stay up, but people seem to forget how hard we made it for ourselves, when after the 1-1 draw at Leeds it was in our own hands.

McGhee goes from the tactically spot on at Palace to the farcial, such as the Cardiff home game, his lack of consistency seems to be reflected in the team at times.

rogue

Banned
Aug 26, 2005
In a police cell
Icy Gull said:
McGhee has made only one big mistake this season imo and it may well be that he has done all he could anyway - the signing of an out and out LB. It would release Reid to RB or midfield. Can't believe McGhee hasn't been pulling out all the stops though

CKR is a gamble that has only partially come off and I don't think he was expected to have to take as much responsibilty as he has. Losing McCammon has probably had far more effect than his many detractors would have you believe, he is the one player we have up front who can mix it with big defenders. The other small forwards could have a field day if he can knock balls down in the box. Robinson forced his way into the team and has failed, understandably, to live up to the hype. McGhee remember was very reluctant to play him early in the season, so he knows his limitations at the moment.

Leon has shown far more maturity this season, and his unfortunate reverting to prima donna is hopefully over and he can continue as he has done for most of the season so far, but with a better strike rate.

Frutos and Carole are the proving astute signings and Turienzo needs to be given time before being dismissed as appears to happening on here after 20 mins on Saturday.

McGhee deserves a bit of loyalty during this worrying spell, we probably wouldn't even be here withouth his wheeling and dealing and bizarre team selections. Really can't belive anyone seriously wants to sack him.
:drink:

rogue

Banned
Aug 26, 2005
In a police cell
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Mcghee

Uncle Buck said:
Were you there on Saturday?

We were not hard to beat, once we went behind we rolled over. At times it was embarrasing and we never looked like scoring. If you are willing to accept that then fine, but I would rather like us to get results.

Is 6 wins in 2005 a fantastic achievement? I do not think so. Is nearly being safe in January but then taking it to the last game really that great? Granted that we did stay up, but people seem to forget how hard we made it for ourselves, when after the 1-1 draw at Leeds it was in our own hands.

McGhee goes from the tactically spot on at Palace to the farcial, such as the Cardiff home game, his lack of consistency seems to be reflected in the team at times.

How many times have we been rolled over good and proper this season then?Tell me

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.

rogue said:
At least we are a hard to to beat and when our players are back from injury we will be ok.You will see a new left back in Jan.Wait and see

All this 'blame it on the injuries' culture just doesnt wash anymore, we have the biggest playing squad we have ever had, its not all about the manager, its time Carole, Nicholas, Jarret, Frutos, Reid, El Turo, McGammon started showing some CONSISTENCY, not just for 10 minutes a game, or when they are not injured (another recurring theme)

Hmmm. cant think for the life of me what the connection all those players have.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Mcghee

rogue said:
How many times have we been rolled over good and proper this season then?Tell me

The home game against Cardiff and Saturday are the 2 obvious ones. But then letting a 2 goal lead slip at Leeds was essentially rolling over.

Regarding the left back, yes I would put Mayo back in. Simply because he has a habit of coming back from these bad patches a better player.

rogue

Banned
Aug 26, 2005
In a police cell
We may have one of our biggest squads for years, but it's one of the smallest in the championship.There's your answer

rogue

Banned
Aug 26, 2005
In a police cell
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Mcghee

Uncle Buck said:
The home game against Cardiff and Saturday are the 2 obvious ones. But then letting a 2 goal lead slip at Leeds was essentially rolling over.

Regarding the left back, yes I would put Mayo back in. Simply because he has a habit of coming back from these bad patches a better player.

Enough said

MAYO:wave: :dunce:

I think you find we matched Leeds so you can cross that one off

Last edited:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Mcghee

rogue said:
Enough said

MAYO:wave: :dunce:

Why am I a dunce. Try and talk about the points rather than reverting to using smileys, do you think you can do that?

Look back to last time we were relegated from this league. Mayo was shocking at the start of the season, was brought back in around October and hardly put a foot wrong, oh and finished second in the player of the season award. He has bad patches, but he has come back from worse and if he is so bad why has he played 300 odd games? You lot always say trust the manager, well all those managers must have been wrong.

Now please answer with proper joined up words, rather than infantile smileys, can you do that?

Matching Leeds, well we let a 2 goal lead slip, that is not good enough, organised teams do not let 2 goal leads slip, we did.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Icy Gull said:

You speak for me.
Top post.
:clap:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Mcghee

Uncle Buck said:
Matching Leeds, well we let a 2 goal lead slip, that is not good enough, organised teams do not let 2 goal leads slip, we did.
I think you're benig extremely harsh there. Course it would have been fantastic had we held on to that lead, but just look at the resources between the two clubs. Personally I expected to get absolutely NOTHING at Elland Road - they've been spunking millions on their squad, whilst we're getting unknown frenchies, youth teamers, and kids up from the fourth division. The fact that we had Leeds desperately chasing the game was an achievement in itself, and was testament to the team selection and tactics MM deployed, and a fantastic effort from the players.

Better sides than the Albion have and will leave Elland Road with absolutely nothing this season.

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
At the end of the day, we're just one proven finisher from being a mid-table side. We've got a couple of very exciting players and have been rolled over three times this season - Reading, Cardiff, Stoke but we did the rolling over against Plymouth.

We're unlucky not to have 3 or 4 points more than we've got (even acouinting for points thrown away against Wolves, Coverntry & Crewe) and maybe the luck will go our way later on in the season. Indeed, we only have to win two straight games and we'll be looking up the table. For this reason, plus the fact that we seem reasonably competitive (and entertaining at times), it simply seems to early to be questioning the manager. Oh and I'll put money on us turning over the likes of Stoke at Withdean.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Mcghee

Easy 10 said:
I think you're benig extremely harsh there. Course it would have been fantastic had we held on to that lead, but just look at the resources between the two clubs. Personally I expected to get absolutely NOTHING at Elland Road - they've been spunking millions on their squad, whilst we're getting unknown frenchies, youth teamers, and kids up from the fourth division. The fact that we had Leeds desperately chasing the game was an achievement in itself, and was testament to the team selection and tactics MM deployed, and a fantastic effort from the players.

Better sides than the Albion have and will leave Elland Road with absolutely nothing this season.

If at the beginning of that day we had been offered a point we would have been very happy. But to be 2-0 up and then 3-2 with 30 seconds to go and not take all 3 points is not good enough. You should not let 2 goal leads slip.

Come on Rogue, more words of wisdom or smileys please.

Faldo

Jul 7, 2003

caz99 said:
true. but then it is also true that there is a small town mentality on nsc and the occupants seem to think their views count for the majority of fans when clearly they dont.

Shouldnt this be on the sweeping statements thread.

My tuppence worth - I like McGhee and want / expect him to be here until the end of the season at the very least.

We are a poor football team who is trying very hard and giving a (mostly) good account of ourselves in a strong league.

I dare say Mourinho would be having trouble at the mo.

Where that puts me with regards to the 'voice of the albion', 'NSC Clique' or 'views of the put upon transgressors who are just cool enough to have their own opinion' - I don't really care.

rogue

Banned
Aug 26, 2005
In a police cell
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Mcghee

Uncle Buck said:
If at the beginning of that day we had been offered a point we would have been very happy. But to be 2-0 up and then 3-2 with 30 seconds to go and not take all 3 points is not good enough. You should not let 2 goal leads slip.

Come on Rogue, more words of wisdom or smileys please.

Tell that to Wednesday fans then

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Mcghee

Faldo said:
Shouldnt this be on the sweeping statements thread.

My tuppence worth - I like McGhee and want / expect him to be here until the end of the season at the very least.

We are a poor football team who is trying very hard and giving a (mostly) good account of ourselves in a strong league.

I dare say Mourinho would be having trouble at the mo.

Where that puts me with regards to the 'voice of the albion', 'NSC Clique' or 'views of the put upon transgressors who are just cool enough to have their own opinion' - I don't really care.

The difference between what you have posted and some of the pish that appears on here, is that is well balanced and explained.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Brighton 18 1 4 4 10 14 1 6 2 7 11 16 -8

I think this says quite a lot! 2 wins in 18, more worrying is 1 home win in 9.

All this limited budget stuff, well McGhee took a big game on Turienzo and he will be judged on signings like those. How much did we splash out of him, does anyone know? Why is it such a big secret?

CKR is a player for the future, so thats an investment for the future. Dodd was a gamble due to his injury plagued last 3 years, and has backfired at the moment. McShane and the keepers have been good loan signings.

Anyway I work with a Wolves fan and McGhee was slated there for playing players out of position and some very strange tactics. I would rather have a manager who experiments than trying to do nothing, but only to a limited extent. I guess thats why McGhee is in a no win situation.

Anyway I am another who thinks that Mayo should be back in at left back.

Mr Blobby

rogue

Banned
Aug 26, 2005
In a police cell
Mr Blobby said:
Brighton 18 1 4 4 10 14 1 6 2 7 11 16 -8

I think this says quite a lot! 2 wins in 18, more worrying is 1 home win in 9.

All this limited budget stuff, well McGhee took a big game on Turienzo and he will be judged on signings like those. How much did we splash out of him, does anyone know? Why is it such a big secret?

CKR is a player for the future, so thats an investment for the future. Dodd was a gamble due to his injury plagued last 3 years, and has backfired at the moment. McShane and the keepers have been good loan signings.

Anyway I work with a Wolves fan and McGhee was slated there for playing players out of position and some very strange tactics. I would rather have a manager who experiments than trying to do nothing, but only to a limited extent. I guess thats why McGhee is in a no win situation.

Anyway I am another who thinks that Mayo should be back in at left back.

Mr Blobby

Dodd a gamble:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

A free transfer signing on a 1 year contact.:shootself

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here