Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGhee you twat

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I agree his comments were out of order, the players should have been running their socks off on Sunday for the following reasons:

1) To show some respect for the club and fans that pay their wages

2) To show the club that they are worth keeping for next season

To capitulate in the manner they did was a disgrace. Please dont give me that "hard to motivate" crap, they are supposed to be professional footballers.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
If McGhee really did say " it was a good effort by the lads " he really does need to be shown the door today.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Its also occured to me

Don't back Brighton to win the league as as soon as they get promoted " the season will be over ".

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
I felt sorry for all the families in the family stand who paid to watch that shit on Sunday, because this was a nothing game then why didn't the club do a pound to get in to the ground for the kids, all give way compltementary (spl?) tickets to local schools.

This was the worst defeat we've had since being at Withdean.

I'm embarassed by the manner of the deafeat, and being called the worst team in the Championship.

We need a new manager NOW!!!!

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Uncle Spielberg said:
Its also occured to me

Don't back Brighton to win the league as as soon as they get promoted " the season will be over ".

Damn straight, and those were exactly the sort of comments that he made when he had settled for the play offs.

Coppell leaves the team sitting on top of the league, McGhee takes over and says straight away we will be lucky to make the play offs.

What a cockjugglingthunderc*nt!

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
I must admit, I've been behind McGhee much of the way because of the miracle of us staying up last season, however, the football that has been served up over the last 2.5 years since he came in has been pretty dull to watch. To be fair, when you get results, particularly in our situation, you tend to accept it a bit more, ala last season. But this season has been bloody awful, and there has only been one memorable performance, away at Palace (you could potentially argue Leeds at home as well, but that's it).

Admittedly, that's tough given the circumstances, but I do not think he has the ability to wheel and deal in the free transfer market with players that are good enough. I am not unhappy that we have been relegated because that's life, in our situation it was always a big ask, it's the manner of our relegation, and the fact that we we've gone down with a wimper, that's what got up my nose and I really question whether McGhee now has it in him to turn it round...

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
fourthteamtillidie said:
Damn straight, and those were exactly the sort of comments that he made when he had settled for the play offs.

Coppell leaves the team sitting on top of the league, McGhee takes over and says straight away we will be lucky to make the play offs.

What a cockjugglingthunderc*nt!

To be fair to MM (and I hate him) it was Bookers losing run of 3 or 4 games or whatever it was that saw us drop down.

I think Magoo first game was 2 - 2 against Peterboro away and then the 4-1 tonking at Withers that Bristol City gave us (managed by my current choice of boss Danny Wilson).

E

enigma

Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
To be fair to MM (and I hate him) it was Bookers losing run of 3 or 4 games or whatever it was that saw us drop down.

I think Magoo first game was 2 - 2 against Peterboro away and then the 4-1 tonking at Withers that Bristol City gave us (managed by my current choice of boss Danny Wilson).

I can understand the calls for a new manager but I dont understand why you love Danny Wilson so much (unless its because he was a good player for the Albion). He couldnt take Bristol City up despite having quite a lot of money and MK Dons arent safe.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Rougvie said:
What a load of TOSH.

The 2 Grand a week that some of them are on ought to be enough to be professional about what they are PAID to do.

The way some people on here go on about the players you would think they did it for free.

Totally right.

Only Joel Lynch and possibly Henderson looked they could be arsed to put in any effort. Rather galling to think the rest will be collecting their not inconsiderable wages after that.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Seagull73 said:
I must admit, I've been behind McGhee much of the way because of the miracle of us staying up last season, however, the football that has been served up over the last 2.5 years since he came in has been pretty dull to watch. To be fair, when you get results, particularly in our situation, you tend to accept it a bit more, ala last season. But this season has been bloody awful, and there has only been one memorable performance, away at Palace (you could potentially argue Leeds at home as well, but that's it).

Admittedly, that's tough given the circumstances, but I do not think he has the ability to wheel and deal in the free transfer market with players that are good enough. I am not unhappy that we have been relegated because that's life, in our situation it was always a big ask, it's the manner of our relegation, and the fact that we we've gone down with a wimper, that's what got up my nose and I really question whether McGhee now has it in him to turn it round...

I think THE PLAYERS played more than their part in some shocking performances this season. Why is it all McGhee's fault? He has made mistakes and there have been some weird selection decisions but once the players are on the pitch it becomes their responsibility.

Self-motivation and professional pride should have been on display instead of what we saw from many of the squad. Loft, Lynch and Nicolas were the exceptions. Chippy gave it his all but seems to have lost it.

The rest should all hang their heads in shame because they were bloody embarrassing.

Dr Bandler

Dec 17, 2005
Peterborough
Those who are pro-Mcghee need to realise that the empty seats at the Stoke game will be repeated next season (perhaps more so) if he is still manager. You can argue till you are blue in the face, but if he has lost the support of a lot of the fans the club is in big trouble. He must go to revitalise fans and players alike.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
enigma said:
I can understand the calls for a new manager but I dont understand why you love Danny Wilson so much (unless its because he was a good player for the Albion). He couldnt take Bristol City up despite having quite a lot of money and MK Dons arent safe.

People say "oh but if fat twat went who would you have?" and I answer them. If they dont like it fine. Its all about opinions. But its better than 'oh I dont know'. Least I have the BALLS to offer an alternative. And a genuine one other than Morinho or Sven or Scolari.

He also took Barnsley to the Premier League.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Dr Bandler said:
Those who are pro-Mcghee need to realise that the empty seats at the Stoke game will be repeated next season (perhaps more so) if he is still manager. You can argue till you are blue in the face, but if he has lost the support of a lot of the fans the club is in big trouble. He must go to revitalise fans and players alike.

Well, I for one will be very pissed off with the club if he goes and will certainly think twice of renewing my season ticket. There are many fans at the games who are thankful that McGhee has stayed this long, I just hope that he is given or that he gives it (if I was him I would have pissed off long ago) a decent amount of time next season to prove what a good manager he is.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
chez said:
Well, I for one will be very pissed off with the club if he goes and will certainly think twice of renewing my season ticket. There are many fans at the games who are thankful that McGhee has stayed this long, I just hope that he is given or that he gives it (if I was him I would have pissed off long ago) a decent amount of time next season to prove what a good manager he is.

Well put Matey:clap: :clap: :clap:

E

enigma

Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
People say "oh but if fat twat went who would you have?" and I answer them. If they dont like it fine. Its all about opinions. But its better than 'oh I dont know'. Least I have the BALLS to offer an alternative. And a genuine one other than Morinho or Sven or Scolari.

He also took Barnsley to the Premier League.

It is all a game of opinions- I am not saying I am right or you are wrong.

Wislon did an incredible job to take Barnsley to the Prem, but since then he hasnt done much.

His record at Wednesday was poor, and he should have taken City up, although perhaps he was a bit unlucky. I dont however remember seeing City play that well in the play off final.

I also know someone through a friend who plays for City, and he said their fitness as a team was poor, and that Wilson had a habit of falling out with people for petty reasons, such as players going off to play for their country.

He did a good job with MK Dons to keep them up last yr, but he might not do it again this yr.

I would like to see a young manager coming in if McGhee did go and a long term project come in of getting youth team players into the first team.

Dr Bandler

Dec 17, 2005
Peterborough
chez said:

Seems like the club is f***ed whether he stays or goes then - with feeling so divided and so strong on both sides. I reckon you would go though if a new manager came in and started well.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Why did he not give gatting and Kerry a run out.

especially as it may have been Kerry's last ever game for us.

BTW anyone else hear the rumopur that Turenzo is on over £3k a week:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

chez said:

I think the same as you - but no doubt the likes of us would be the first to back a new manager whoever he is.

For me, McGhee's dismissal would fundamentally shake my faith in the board to make the right decisions in difficult circumstances. The idea that someone like McGhee could be scapegoated by the board because of their inability to raise the finance necessary to acquire the players we need and to keep us competitive in the Championship would be extraordinary. Firing the acknowledged expert of getting clubs out of the third tier would be extraordinary.

But it is clear that is what significant individuals within the board want - but if they take this fateful step, what they will find is that their role and their names will be put in the spotlight by all fans in the future. Their situation is not bombproof - you just have to look down the road at Rupert Lowe to see that. They f*** the club up with poor decisions over the next couple of years and they will be held accountable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here