Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGhee will prove himself this summer!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Albion Dan said:
When you look at what Dowie has done for Palace and that we could have taken him its very depressing!

But Dowie has some half decent players to work with at Palace whereas most of our players are past their prime. We need to rebuild, starting with our shite midfield.

Beeneys gloves

Jul 7, 2003
Lammy said:
Yes we MUST have Falmer BUT! We also want a team worthy of our great support! The performances we've seen over the last three games have been nothing short of and insult to the fans that have made it to three away games on the trot!

Excellent point Lammy, in all the Falmer stuff, our performances have been put to one side, and they're just not good enough.

Surely the players come out, see the massed Albion ranks and think 'I want to win for this lot' - BUT i havent seen much of that in recent weeks and at Wycombe especially was really bored for one of the first times Iv watched the Albion.

THEY MUST DO BETTER

Im really wishing we got Dowie too, always wanted him in the first place, I know he has better players to work with but their fans seem to think he has got the whole team fitter and playing above themselves, something which sadly cant be said about our lot

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
I'm not sure I can lay all the balme at the feet of the manager here. I honestly think that our players are too compfy. We've got nothing to prove anymore because we one two championchips blah blah blah. Knight then decides to give them all three year contracts and a pension for life because they deserve it! Crap. A player is only worth what his current ability stats. In which case I reckon Watson owes us a few grand! He was given a new contrar based on the alod Watson. He was then abducted by aliens, had his skill removed through his arse and expects as to keep paying him for it!

Bollocks! Get ri Get rid Get rid!!!!!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
McGhee will defintely prove his worth in the summer.

He took over a team in a false position after Coppell (scum) left.

We lost Sidwell, Brooker, Rodger, Zammo, Ingimarsson and Blackwell from our line in the couple of months at the end of last year. Imagine the team we could put out with them still playing. Unfortunately our circumstances made that impossible.

McGhee's job is to rebuild a team like that but it's difficult to do it mid season given the restricted amout of players out of contract.

I don't really know what my point is so i'll stop now but i do thnik whem summer comes we'll see McGhee come into his own.

dave the gaffer said:
I am expected in the next two weeks to fork out over £800 of my hard earned cash to purchase two season tickets for next year.

No you're not. If you don't renew the club won't come running after you begging for it. If you don't think it's worth £800, don't pay it, it's meant to be entertainment not an ordeal.

xx

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
chemical brother said:
No you're not. If you don't renew the club won't come running after you begging for it. If you don't think it's worth £800, don't pay it, it's meant to be entertainment not an ordeal.

xx

Unfortunatley I don't think I'm going to be able to afford a new season ticket for next season :(

Windmill

Jul 6, 2003
Tadley, Nr Reading
Time to play some of the better youngsters on a regular basis. We need to give Robinson, Virgo, Harding, El Abd and McPhee a chance to settle in for next year.

Kuipers
Mayo/Jones*
Cullip
Butters
El Abd/Virgo (Right/centre back - phase out Butters gradually)
Harding
Carpenter
Robinson
McPhee
Knight
Benjamin

*Although neither are really good enough and should be replaced.
Play either 4-3-3 or 4-3-1-2 with McPhee just behind the front 2.

No place in my side either for Oatway, Marney, Lee. Don't know enough about Hammond, not sure about young Hinshelwood, we seem to have surfeit of players in one or two position.

Come on Mark, you know it makes sense. They'll be flocking to part with their money for season tickets.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Why are we paying for THREE keepers!

Can someone tell me how many right backs we're paying for aswell!

Watson
Virgo
El-Abd
Hinshelwood
Virgo

Have I missed any off?

About 25% of our squad play in the same damn position! Yet if one of our 'midfield' gets injured we're fecked!

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
dave the gaffer said:
So we have played in the last couple of weeks two of the teams with the worst home records in the divi and were lucky to not have got beat at Wycombe and lost to a very poor Grimsby side.

This is just not good enough.

Putting the Falmer issue to one side which should not affect the playing ability of the team at all, we are just not good enough to go up and I know people will have a go but I do not rate McGee at all. Yes we have him for the forseeable future but the tactics we are supposed to be playing are frankly non existant.

I am expected in the next two weeks to fork out over £800 of my hard earned cash to purchase two season tickets for next year. Watching what is being served up with no chance of new players really makes me wonder if there is any point ( and I have never felt like this in the 30 years I have been watching the Albion)

Couldnt have put it better myself!!

The only exception to that is that I have to fork out for 3 season tickets and at this moment in time the only way I will do that is if McGhee goes!!

Nobby Lawton

Jan 6, 2004
Dean Hammond has not had a chance yet- why the hell not?

He can't be any worse than the current midfield.

I just can't see what tactics we are supposed to be playing under McGee

The players don't seem to know either.

:(

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Simster said:
But Dowie has some half decent players to work with at Palace whereas most of our players are past their prime. We need to rebuild, starting with our shite midfield.

Agreed. We must have one of the poorest midfields in Div 2 by some way. The lack of creativity is little short of embarrassing.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Nobby Lawton said:
Dean Hammond has not had a chance yet- why the hell not?

He can't be any worse than the current midfield.

Good Point.

I've only seen him away at Watford last year and he seemed to be the pick of the bunch - even though we lost.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
the usual fickle albion supporters - get off mcghees case, we lost Sidwell, Brooker, Rodger, Zamora, Ingimarsson and Blackwell , massive injuries to the keepers, piercy out just when he was starting to do well.

i blame the players, they know the club cannot support a div 1 team until falmer, so they are not motivated

i agree that we should clear out the rubbish, and blood the youngsters,

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
McGhee's dilemma is that he can't afford to blood the youngsters all the while we're in with a chance of making the playoffs. He has to keep up the pressure on the teams above and hope that we can hang on until we get Kuipers/Roberts/Piercy/Blackwell/Watson back.

Although the playoffs are a great innovation that have really livened up the last few months of the season the problem is that, as long as you're in with a chance, you're forced to play your strongest team. On that basis, I can't see him being able to make wholesale changes in the team until right at the end of the season. Even then, with the above back playing, I can see us being up there until the end.

Ideally the close-season will be the best time to bring on the youngsters - in much the same way that McPhee was last year. But, if we do manage to get promoted, then we'll have to bring in more senior players. This could have the effect of making it even more difficult for the youngsters to get a game.

With all this in mind, the ideal scenario is for us to make the playoffs (perhaps get to the final) and lose. This will give us all a boost at the end of the season and allow us to bring in the youngsters in August. If we can keep some of the old-uns (Kuipers; Cullip; Rodger; Piercy; Knight) we can start to play Hinshellwood; El-Abd; Virgo; Harding; Hammond; McPhee and Robinson more regularly. Given the experience they've already had this season, I think next time we could really expect something from them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here