Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGhee wants a reaction

Beeneys gloves

Jul 7, 2003
Uh oh, theyve got top scorer Forbes back :nono:

Agree with the Wycombe stuff, if we play like that, we'll get stuffed!

McGhee Looking For Reaction
By Tim Dudding

Although his side came away with a point from the Wycombe match, manager Mark McGhee was disappointed overall with the performance, and so is looking for a reaction from his team in tonight’s encounter with Luton.

It certainly isn’t going to be easy however, as the Hatters have promotion aspirations of their own, but McGhee feels that if the Seagulls play to their ability they can return to Sussex with all three points.

“We’re going there trying to win the game,” Mcghee told Seagulls World. “It’s about us. If we are mentally and physically at it, then I have no doubts that we will beat Luton. If we’re not, the likelihood is that we will draw or lose.

“We’ll be lucky to beat Luton if we go there in the same frame of mind as we had on Saturday. We must go there determined to produce individually our best performance, and as a unit our best performance.

“If we do that, then we’ll beat Luton. If we don’t, then we’ll come home empty handed.”

One to watch: Top scorer Adrian Forbes
Luton Team News

Mike Newell’s side could be boosted by the return of leading scorer Adrian Forbes, who has missed the last two outings with a knee injury.

Albion Team News

Nathan Jones is available for selection after serving a four match suspension, although McGhee is likely to be without John Piercy, who is still recovering from an ankle injury. Stuart Jones will make his full debut between the sticks with Ben Roberts out for at least the next two matches with a shin injury. John Keeley will provide cover on the bench.

Click here for the Luton Travel Match Pack

Luton: (4-4-2) Hyldgaard; Foley, Boyce, Coyne, Davis; Nicholls, Robinson, Spring, Holmes; Forbes, Howard; Subs: Brill (GK), Crowe, Brkovic, Davies, Showunmi.

Albion: (4-4-2) S Jones; Watson, Cullip, Butters, Mayo; Hart, Oatway, Carpenter, Jones; Knight, Benjamin. Subs: Keeley (GK), McPhee, Robinson, El-Abd, Hammond.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Easy 10 said:
I'll give McGhee a reaction....

That was SHITE.

And a large pile of it at that. We are so very, very average at times although it pains me to say it. I'd like to think that it's a reaction to the situation with Falmer but the fact is that we've been crap most of the season. Play offs? I think not.

:nono: :nono:

Last edited:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Yeah sounds like a great reaction and looking at that midfield no surprise and i bet 95% of us new a defeat was on.:lolol:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
berkshire seagull said:
Yeah sounds like a great reaction and looking at that midfield no surprise and i bet 95% of us new a defeat was on.:lolol:

I'm ashamed to say that I had £20 on Luton at 5/4. Seemed like a dead cert to me although I would rather have lost my money and got 3 points.

:)

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here