Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mcghee wants 5 new players

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
In the argus today.What f***ing planet is this bloke on.4 days before the f***ing season starts we have signed a player from baintree and a young centre half on loan.We have had all f***ing summer to get players in.Something is wrong at the club and what worries me is the need for Mcghee to feed nalyor with information knowing we have no chance of getting that player.
Mcghee knows he is living on borrowed time and is already looking to pass the buck.Since the shit days at Gillingham I have never gone in to a new season feeling so down its time for the club to be honset with the fans.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
yadda yadda yadda. Not having a pop at Mcghee and the board again by any chance Vulture:yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
B.M.F said:
yadda yadda yadda. Not having a pop at Mcghee and the board again by any chance Vulture:yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

To be fair he's got a point.

We've had 2 months to get players in and all we've got is an unproven non league striker despit losing 1st team players and saving their wages. Less than a week before the season starts is a bit late to start worrying about it,Magoo and DK should have been addressing this before last season ended.

Personally I'm sick to the teeth of hearing that we "nearly" got so and so but they turned us down.I just want to hear who we DID get but unfortunately it looks like that's going to be nobody.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
5 new players? We'll have to extend his contract for another season for him to achieve that.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
vulture said:
No bmf just stating facts
So how is something wrong with the club a fact. The only facts you have posted are that we have sigend 1 player and another on loan which is more than some clubs have managed this year. I know this has been discussed on numerous occasions but don't you think a lot of players would rather play at a football ground instead of our tin pot athletics track? It is not only us trying to find players that are available but we have to find ones that want to come to Withdean as well. I am sure that we will find some as it is getting on a bit now and players out of contract must be starting to think about taking any old club so they can pay their bills.

Last edited:

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
They've been trying and I'm sure they are as frustrated as we are. It would be foolish to say that they have only been making an effort just now. We have had many players on trial, which is all you can ask for. They're making an effort and they are updating us on their targets and trialists.

What's that? : "But I thought it was stupid to tell the fans which players you are after, because other clubs might buy them???"

:rolleyes:

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Woody the Seagull said:
They've been trying and I'm sure they are as frustrated as we are. It would be foolish to say that they have only been making an effort just now. We have had many players on trial, which is all you can ask for. They're making an effort and they are updating us on their targets and trialists.

What's that? : "But I thought it was stupid to tell the fans which players you are after, because other clubs might buy them???"

:rolleyes:

Granted we've had a few on trial and they seem to have impressed but when it comes down to the crux suddenly they're either not good enough or not what we're looking for.
It looks to me like it's all lip service to try and keep everyone happy,safe in the knowledge that we're looking at new players.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Not A Fake Gerbil said:
Granted we've had a few on trial and they seem to have impressed but when it comes down to the crux suddenly they're either not good enough or not what we're looking for.
It looks to me like it's all lip service to try and keep everyone happy,safe in the knowledge that we're looking at new players.

Who have they impressed? Obviously no-one at the club.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
DJ Leon said:
Who have they impressed? Obviously no-one at the club.

I'm sure I read somewhere that Magoo rated the left back we had.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
I don'yt think they really want to sign anyone too badly. If they did they would have done it by now. How can you say one player is excellent(Brittain) one minute and then after one quiet game he's not sure? What are his scouts doing? Where is this supposed money we have for a decent striker? When push comes to shove it's all bollocks, and we can't really compete with any team at all when it comes to players which is strange because the other managers seemed to do ok! Oh yeah, how much did we offer Hull for Burgess to tempt them? I mean if it's only a token gesture of course they will say NO.:down:

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Looking on the bright side, every week that goes by WITHOUT us signing more players means that the emerging talents of Chamberlain, Fogden, Cox, et al will get their chances. For me, this season is all about mid-table mediocrity, and bringing through a few youngsters. We almost certainly have the youngest squad in the division. McGhee isn't happy with the position, because there's no way we will get near the fringes of a play off place relying on the youngsters - hence, it'll be curtains for McGhee if he can't bring in a few more experienced players. It will NOT, however, be curtains for the Albion.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
It's a damn good article with McGhee in the argus actually - well worth a read over the two pages, covers a lot of points about what he expects from the players he's got and who he wants more from.

Well worth a look

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
B.M.F said:
its not f***ing rocket science is it,he has been doing what every manager has been doing,except most players that are about,look at this site and see whinging fuckheads,and think no fear,i want to go to a club with decent fans:)

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Caveman said:
No, but are Millwall signing him?

Couldn't really give a monkeys what Millwall are doing to be honest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here