Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGhee:twice the manager.....

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Back in the 1930's we beat Bristol City 7-0, does that mean whoever the manager was at the time was absolutely mustard?

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Well Wilkins hasnt played Bristol City at Withers yet.

I seem to recall Magoo first game at Withers against Bristol City was a 4-1 drubbing for us.

McGhee's first game at Withdean was against Boston in the league cup.

We Won.

Life After Bobby said:
Compared to McGee's record from his last 22 league games: W 4 D 5 L 13, Pts 17

That's only because he'd either sold off or alienated all the more talented players without any replacements, let the remaining players know that some games didn't matter whatever uniform they were wearing or how much the fans paid, and stripped the team of self-respect, stripes-respect, and tactical ability to win games. He also had Dick Knight's bank balance and the ground and Leon as an excuse and distraction.

Other than that, he was brilliant and would have got us into the playoffs at the LEAST.

:nono:

Face it Magoon lovers, HE WAS CRAP.......(and getting crapper)

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
withdeanwombat said:
...........that Wilkins is!

We only lost 1-0 at Bristol City when he was last in charge.

There you are.

Proof.

If we lose 8-2 at Crewe I'll admit your right!

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
The Auditor said:
no investment in the playing side ....lots of new seats and no one sitting in them...I think we got our priorities wrong
investment is desperately needed in this squad.if that happens the seats will be occupied.no one is going to fill a ground charging 25 quid to watch loan players trainees and hasbeens!
the point was proven with west ham (15 thousand applications)to
go to a decent stadium with quality players!
mr knight will have too go cap in hand to the bloom brothers and fat boy if he wants bums on seats and season ticket renewals if not the future could be as bleak as the weather at the moment!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
wigman said:
investment is desperately needed in this squad.if that happens the seats will be occupied.no one is going to fill a ground charging 25 quid to watch loan players trainees and hasbeens!
the point was proven with west ham (15 thousand applications)to
go to a decent stadium with quality players!
mr knight will have too go cap in hand to the bloom brothers and fat boy if he wants bums on seats and season ticket renewals if not the future could be as bleak as the weather at the moment!

That's where the problem lies and I feel almost as though the Albion is a plaything in the hands of poker players. :down:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The Complete Badger said:
Ok, in your opinion, who has the most power at the albion right now, Mr Bloom or Mr Knight?

One has the chair but the other two have the funds.
Funds which I believe were deliberately witheld last August to get their own way.
Just my opinion.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The Complete Badger said:
So on that basis should the funds not be around now?

I'd like to think so but who knows?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here