Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGhee to Millwall?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Apparantly some Millwall fans want him back and rumours are circulating he will be appointed assistant to Spackman.

George Graham also strongly linked with the post.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
DAMANCLAY said:
If that happens watch Millwall get to the play-offs.

well said mr clayton:clap:

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
yeah, the League 2 playoffs next season

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Wanderer said:
yeah, the League 2 playoffs next season

mcghee always starts well at clubs - its after he has been their a little while that things start to go wrong

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
chez said:
I agree, although I'm not sure he'd take a League 1 job. I'd imagine he'll end up in The Championship or maybe even the scots prem.

I thought that, If he was to take an assistants job it would be higher than League 1 level.

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
My sources at Millwall (which amittedly, are to do with the fanzine before anyone starts crying about it being bollocks) have told me that these are indeed the rumours. The thinking being that if he goes there as assistant to spunkman, spunkman will obviously feel he is being undermined, not only by having an assistant appointed underneath him, but because of who he is - an ex manager of the club. It is thought that this would be a win - win for the club and manager as spunkman can leave saying hes been pushed out (therefore not costing the club a payout) and the club can say he left, we offered him support its his decsion etc. McGhee can obviously slip into the chair. The assistant there is willie donachie, did he not used to share a dressing room with McGhee at Aberdeen?

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Willie Donachie is Spackman's assistant and has been since the summer, and to be fair he's probably got more experience than McGhee anyway.

Last edited:

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Tubby Mondays said:
The assistant there is willie donachie, did he not used to share a dressing room with McGhee at Aberdeen?

No, dont think he ever played full time in Sweatsville.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Scotty M said:
mcghee always starts well at clubs - its after he has been their a little while that things start to go wrong

Unlike all those other managers who start well,and continue well,and last 15 years at a club!

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
McGhee isn't an assistant manager. My guess is that Spackman will be sacked before too long ( what was the Millwall board thinking when they appointed him?? ) and then he'll stand a very good chance of getting that job. I hope Mcghee isn't out of managerial work for too long - I still think he's a very decent manager. What odds he ends up at Swansea - and re-new acquaintences with Leon Knight. Now that would be very funny.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here