Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGhee question

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Wanderer said:
Just what I was thinking, surely Withdean is THE WORST ground in the entire Football League

No way, Orient must now hold that prize?

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Unfortunately MM hasnt the ability to build a side for one season ala Micky Adams .. He was good at getting a side together for a season and dismantling and starting again. He has done it at all the clubs he has been at and will i think be good with Coventry next season.. Unfortunately MM seems to be struggling and the doubters get louder. But who is there to replace him with ? WE are looking for a proven manager who will work in piss poor facilities for a piss poor salary compared to his counterparts and who is able to attract decent quality players to get us out of champ 1

ditchy

Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Lammy said:
No way, Orient must now hold that prize?

At least they have 3 sides covered and a decent new stand behind the goal

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
ditchy said:
At least they have 3 sides covered and a decent new stand behind the goal

I thought they were down to two sides with the rest being sold as flats?

ditchy

Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Lammy said:
I thought they were down to two sides with the rest being sold as flats?

:nono: they have the old standand the new one behind goal plus a new stand opposite the players tunnel i believe ... come on Twatford O enlighten us !

Last edited:

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
As a Championship side we were always going to struggle to attract very good players to us. There are reasons for this which is out of McGhee's hands.

1) We had no money; couldn't compete in transfer market and are amongst the poorest payers in the Championship. FACT
2) We play at a shit hole called Withdean ( one of the worst grounds in the whole league let alone Championship) FACT
3) We were always going to be in a relegation battle. FACT
4) We are a small club. FACT

Given those facts, it's not really surprising that we failed to get many better players. Frustrating of course but not really surprising.

But kicking McGhee out now would be a mistake. Do we really want to go through the managerial hunt again, now? I'd give him the summer to re-build the squad and it does needs re-building. Otherwise we could struggle. He must be allowed to sign a PROVEN GOALSCORING CENTRE FORWARD, and he must not get that signing wrong. We should be able to get someone in for around 100k which we must have to sign the striker. It might be easier to get someone in at this level and in League 1 we're a big club, can compete and have great support.

If McGhee hasn't got us in top 6 by the end of Septmember then yes, it may be time to look for a new man.

After all the doom and gloom of this season, it's vital the club has a really good close season. The board should back McGhee, strengthen the squad and fingers crossed, we'll get the final go ahead for Falmer too.

Last edited:

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Sneaky George said:
As a Championship side we were always going to struggle to attract very good players to us. There are reasons for this which is out of McGhee's hands.

1) We had no money; couldn't compete in transfer market and are amongst the poorest payers in the Championship. FACT
2) We play at a shit hole called Withdean ( one of the worst grounds in the whole league let alone Championship) FACT
3) We were always going to be in a relegation battle. FACT
4) We are a small club. FACT

Given those facts, it's not really surprising that we failed to get many better players. Frustrating of course but not really surprising.

But kicking McGhee out now would be a mistake. Do we really want to go through the managerial hunt again, now? I'd give him the summer to re-build the squad and it needs re-building. Otherwise we could struggle. He must be allowed to sign a PROVEN GOALSCORING CENTRE FORWARD, and he must not get that signing wrong. We should be able to get someone in for around 100k which we must have to sign the striker. It might be easier to get someone in at this level and in League 1 we're a big club, can compete and have great support.

If McGhee hasn't got us in top 6 by the end of Septmember then yes, it may be time to look for a new man.

After all the doom and gloom of this season, it's vital the club has a really good close season. The board should back McGhee, strengthen the squad and fingers crossed, we'll get the final go a head for Falmer too.

Spot on....however MM must not be allowed to piss any money away on 'one for the future'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here