Votes: 81 73.0%
  • Fence - Oh I just can't decide :down:

Votes: 11 9.9%

• Total voters

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Bit late doing it AFTER the transfer window isn't it?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Even if we do get rid of him the new manager Won't have much effect on our strikeforce which is crap.Unless we get at least two new forwards we are in for a relegation battle.I don't think you can get much more out of this team unless money is made available

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
McGhee obviously hasn't done a lot right over the past year or so, I don't think anybody can seriously question that. What worries me, however, is the players. Yes they might be out of position occassionally, yes McGhee has DESTROYED the spirit in the dressing room blah blah f***ing blah:rolleyes:

However, I seriously question whether with the players we have we are good enough at the moment. Give McGhee a few more games in my view and if there is no improvement, then he should probably walk although this is unlikely. What I am getting at is that I seriously doubt we can get in someone who can a) attract players and have more success in the transfer market b) can suddenly transform a pretty average team into world beaters. Look at the players today and decide if they're up to it:

Kuipers - part of championship winning sides. Still definitely up to it.

El-Abd - from the youth team. Probably up to it, played well last year.
Lynch - from the youth team. Has showed promise but is very young and is unlikely to maintain a good standard all year. Definitely up to it, though.
Santos - journeyman. Good signing in my view. Up to it.
Reid - from Bradford reserves. Again good player, not best at LB but up to it none the less.

The back 5, I don't have a problem with. Those 5 aren't even our official first choices but I think they are adequate.
The midfield and up front is what worries me :

Hammond - from the youth team. Has gone from a very promising player to a pretty anonimous player at times. In terms of ability, he is up to it but something is going wrong there.
Carpenter - from championship winnning sides. Is improving, but was shite last season. Up to it.
Cox - from the youth team. Like Lynch is young but has shown promise. Up to it, but should not be a regular in my view.
Loft - from Hastings. see Cox. Apparently a good performance today.
Frutos - from Metz. First full game of the season and wasn't at his best according to SCR. However, he was one of the better players from last season and based on that, he is definitely up to it.

Revell - from Braintree. Has done well, considering he came from non-league, but he won't score the goals to send us up without a decent partner. Up to it, but not on his own.

Subs

Robinson - from the youth team. Top scorer with 2 and has shown dangerous moments in the matches he has played. Like last season, needs to maintain a high level of performance. Up to it.
Stokes - from WHU reserves. Can't really comment because I haven't seen much of him.

For me, most of that team is up to it, but we lack experience and we certainly do not have strength in depth. Just look at where a lot of those players have come from: the youth team, non-league or rotting away in the reserves somewhere. One extra player in defence, midfield and up front would make all the difference in my view. Players like Revell, Cox and Hammond should not be relied on to play every week as they are still relatively young players. I completely trust that EVERYONE (yes, even the manager) give their absolute best at all times for this club, but for me, we just may not be good enough right now.

If we can get a new manager who can attract players of a higher calibre better than McGhee, then we would be promotion material. However, until this happens we are going to be in Coca Cola League 1 for a while.

Sorry about that, just had to get it off my chest:angel:

Last edited:

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
algie said:
I don't think you can get much more out of this team unless money is made available

I think we can get some self belief and confidence, which doesn't cost money, but maybe this is what we need a fresh face for. Even a leader in the squad, at the moment the people who I would class as leaders aren't with the team on matchdays Charlie, and possibly Hinshelwood

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
555kaz said:
I think we can get some self belief and confidence, which doesn't cost money, but maybe this is what we need a fresh face for. Even a leader in the squad, at the moment the people who I would class as leaders aren't with the team on matchdays Charlie, and possibly Hinshelwood

Pains me to say this but Charlie Oatway will not be the same player as he once was.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
OUT today,OUT last week,OUT last season and guess what?
OUT next week as well :censored:

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
brightonfan_86 said:
Pains me to say this but Charlie Oatway will not be the same player as he once was.

Very possibly true, and he was never the most skillfull player in the first place, however as I've said before it's not his play that he brings to the team, it's his attitude and leadership. I know I will be accused of living in the past, but since we've lost Cullip and Charlie from the pitch and the training ground is since the rot has really set in imo

veade

Feb 19, 2005
Boston
I've been saying for over 2 years now to get him out and hopefully it will be soon very soon:wave:

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Who are the 13 who thinks he should stay? Speak up we cannot hear you....Are you bored because Palarse aren't playing today because only scum fans would vote for Magoo....No Brighton fans can be stupid enough to vote for the clown to stay...Oh thats unless your Ian Hart or Andy Naylor and even the latter isn't a fan.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
supaseagull said:
Who are the 13 who thinks he should stay? Speak up we cannot hear you....Are you bored because Palarse aren't playing today because only scum fans would vote for Magoo....No Brighton fans can be stupid enough to vote for the clown to stay...Oh thats unless your Ian Hart or Andy Naylor and even the latter isn't a fan.

And if your name isn't London Irish.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here