Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGhee Out

nickmfc

Nov 17, 2003
London
dougs not an idiot, he has seen what mcghee has done and whilst you lot was jumping up and down with his appointment he was in despair. He is not wanting him out after one game, he never wanted him in the first place.

However I reckon all managers should be given a chance, who knows if he keeps your team that was doing well under coppel you probably are still good enough to go up, better keep those fingers crossed. (me too as your on my accumalotor to go up:angry:)

Just wanted to let you all know mcghee aint what you think.

Good luck and farewell.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
I posted on a thread yesterday about MMs man mangement skills,or lack of them,so after what I have just read it just confirms the things I was told Saturday.

And they were from a Millwall Source.

Now I am getting worried:eek:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Yes mc ghee and millwall may have been dodgy,but your season was far from a disaster and lets not forget he done a fantastic job with reading and they played some great football when he was there and i rest my case.:drink:

nickmfc

Nov 17, 2003
London
berkshire seagull said:
Yes mc ghee and millwall may have been dodgy,but your season was far from a disaster and lets not forget he done a fantastic job with reading and they played some great football when he was there and i rest my case.:drink:

Well you seem quite clued up so you will know he done exactly what he done at millwall, took on someone elses team, done well before starting to sort out his own team.

When the going got tough he walked out leaving reading in trouble. They hate him more then anyone!

Did same thing at wolves, had a couple of years succes on back of someone else's team, then goes stale when he crafts his own team and he didnt quite have what it takes to go any further with them.

flopalob said:
There actually the Millwall fans who saw him come in and take over when they already had a good team, when he started to make changes to the team and got rid of of people like Steve Gritt from the coaching staff it all started to go wrong the players and the fans alike thought he was a joke. He may very well get us promoted this season but god help us when he starts bringing in his own players. I have never been a fan of McGhee and I would be more than happy for him to prove me wrong I just don’t think he will. As no doubt I will be a voice in the wilderness on this I would just like to say to all those who have and who will slag me off go right ahead I can handle it if you can.

It appears that you will not be enjoying his tenure, and should probably stay away from The Albion while he's in charge there.
Cheerio then :wave:

Royal

Oct 4, 2003
Swallowfield
flopalob said:
Get this tosser out of our club now before it's to late :shit:
He was hated at Millwall towards the end, we must get rid NOW:shootself

You will get no where with that scottish w****r:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
nickmfc said:
Well you seem quite clued up so you will know he done exactly what he done at millwall, took on someone elses team, done well before starting to sort out his own team.

When the going got tough he walked out leaving reading in trouble. They hate him more then anyone!

Did same thing at wolves, had a couple of years succes on back of someone else's team, then goes stale when he crafts his own team and he didnt quite have what it takes to go any further with them.

Well he's only got a 2 year contract anyway - given our recent managerial history it's probable he will be gone before the end of then ( probably saying that the facilities aren't good enough as a reason ).

Yeah, this all smacks of what Leicester City fans said about Peter Taylor. I'll prefer to base my opinions of the Brighton manager on the results he attains for Brighton, not elsewhere.

BTW :- Dick Knight has sacked Steve Gritt as well ( in preference for Brian Horton ). I think he will give Maghee a chance to prove himself before jumping to any hasty conclusions.

flopalob

Aug 11, 2003
Perth, Australia
Re: Re: McGhee Out

Royal said:
You will get no where with that scottish w****r:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Why should I stay away just because I don’t like the manager if this was the case no one would ever go to football I will continue to voice my concerns until I’m proved right or wrong.

nickmfc said:

Be warned, mcghee has done the same at reading, wolves and now millwall, took over a good team and turned it into his team.

With all due respect, you are talking out of your arse. Reading were staring relegation to Division 3 in the face when McGhee came in. He got us out of the mess we were in, brought in some excellent players for little money (Phil Parkinson, Jimmy Quinn, Mick Gooding, Simon Osborn, Shaka Hislop, Darius Wdowczek) over the next two seasons, culminating in winning the Division 2 championship in 1993/94 and a good start in Division 1 the following season. We played the best football I have seen outside the top division during McGhee's tenure.

Then of course the despicable turd walked out on us...

nickmfc said:

Once again I find myself in the strange position of defending McGhee. Not something I feel entirely comfortable with, so please stop spouting nonsense about McGhee's time at Reading. Either check your facts or stick to his Millwall career.

He did not walk out 'when the going got tough' and Reading were certainly not 'in trouble'. We were 3rd in Division 1 and playing superb football when the fat scottish bastard departed in December 1994, and we finished the season in 2nd place.

You're right about the hating, but that has nothing to do with the standard of football or Reading's league position and everything to do with McGhee's behaviour at the end of his time at Reading and comments made subsequently. I really can't be bothered to go through it all again now, but if you log on to Hobnob Anyone? (the most popular Reading site) and search on the word 'McGhee' you will find plenty of material...:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here