Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGhee not panic buying

Stumpy Tim

fatboy said:
I am sure Adam Hinshelwoods footballing ability was not affected by a drink driving conviction.

True, but I think it's fair to say El-Abd & Virgo jumped ahead of him because of his off-the-field behaviour. MM basically said so in a Seagulls World interview around the time of the play-offs

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
BensGrandad said:
As regards MM as written by Gully I believe that MM has reached a stage in his life when he has looked at his reputation of upping and running away and needs to re-establish himself as a reliable manager who won't up sticks and away at the drop of a hat and that he sees BHA as an ideal club with which to do that. The crowd potential is good, the prospects of new a stadium are good and the team should be capable of at least midtable in The champiopnship.

I'll be happy to get through a season without changing our manager in October. ???

lincs seagull

Feb 25, 2004
boston
Well at least MM is being honest in his approach to the season i think he has a budget for two good players the rest will be loans he can do the job coppell managed with that same budget althought he in my opioin is a better man with loan players than MM

The most important thing is we have a manager at this stage to make that decision he knows what hes got and he knows his strength just to survive is the goal

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
berkshire seagull said:
He buzz head lets not forget im good at what i do and you are good at what you do.

Yes you may be smart on here i.e office bumpkin,but i can assure you im smarter than you think.:drink:

No harm meant Berkshire mate.

I just couldn't resist the cut and paste!!!

:lolol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
lincs seagull said:
the job coppell managed with that same budget althought he in my opioin is a better man with loan players than MM

Not convinced about that as he has three players that follow him from club to club. Ivar, Sidwell (who was already there this time) and Owusu. It appears that Brooker has now joined that list.
Knight was another gem I admit.

McGhee managed to get us promoted bringing in just the one player, let's give the guy a chance by seeing who else he can get before we decide that Coppell is better ???

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
This squad is not good enough to stay in div 1 and would end up rock bottom.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Gareth Glover said:
This squad is not good enough to stay in div 1 and would end up rock bottom.

Gareth you have just given me hope now

:lolol: :lolol:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Oh.. er.. thanks (I think)

Time for a pint Berks? :drink: :lol:

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
lincs seagull said:
Well at least MM is being honest in his approach to the season i think he has a budget for two good players the rest will be loans he can do the job coppell managed with that same budget althought he in my opioin is a better man with loan players than MM

mcghee didnt have a bad record with loan signings at millwall dion dublin and glen johnson were among them

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Albion Dan said:
Im pinching myself but for once Gareth I think I agree with you.

And I do too for what it is worth. Weak is not the word.

:(

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Div 1 meaning the championship !.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here