Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGhee not panic buying

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have no doubts that MM has set October as his decision time.

He has given players 3 months to prove themselves I believe that then and only then will he go to DK and say if we are in trouble I need x y z players have you got the money. By that time he will have had chance to appraise our possible future in this division.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
brighton rock said:
one birighton fan talking sence
palace have a top young striker by the name of williams and ha never kicked a ball in the first team last season not becauce he was not skillfull enough but because division was to strong for him.

why has knowone tryed to buy knight
Look at our strikers for christ sake.
mc phee average and not a big hit in the 2nd division!
knight has qualitys for sure,but shite midfield doesn't help and will find it very tough.

ewilumo very basic and certainly goner be a massive flop for sure although he tries hard.

robinson,where has he been and suddenly appears to maybe save us from relagation mmmmm???

Hart,well midfield/striker say know more useless in front of goal and past his best although great servant of the club.

Come on thats mostly a 3rd division strike force bar knight:lolol:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
berkshire seagull said:
That was the season before last yorkie and you will find our squad is rather weaker and not one proven goalscorer at this level.

Massive uphill battle,but still better than being in the 2nd:smokin:

Yes, the season before last was 16 months ago.
We beat Watford 4-0. One of the scorers was

Charlie Oatway.

We beat Wolves 4-1 with Roberts in goal and scorers like Hart and Blackwell.

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
Yorkie said:
And Dowie didn't have the rub of the green?

What has Leeds got left? Most of their names are gone now.

Spring is the latest in a series of signings by Leeds boss Kevin Blackwell.

Midfielder Jermaine Wright joined from Ipswich on Wednesday, while other acquisitions include Julian Joachim from Coventry, Paul Butler from Wolves and Michael Ricketts from Middlesbrough.

all good players

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
Yorkie said:

Charlie Oatway.

who going to get the goals this time around?

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Zebedee said:
I too expect DK to go full pelt, as you put it, and as true supporters we should demand no less. But DK's track record on investing in the team has not been good for many years and with all the current uncertainty he is likely to be more reluctant than ever to loosen the purse strings or borrow. I believe it would be a disaster if we went down again and I would like to see us borrow if necessary to buy the players we need to keep us up but I can't see it happening somehow. Just hope I'm wrong though.

:drink:
We all know that money is sparce,but somehow i find it hard that we are getting more skinter than ever and yet we win a final and the costs of withdean are down and we have been promoted.

Borrow will never happen and i know the club will be skint for at least 6-7 years with the current board,i just wanna see us reach our potential before i die thats all and im f***ed off with always being potless and yet fans fork out a bomb.

Swindon nearly fold yet a year later they spend like 2-300k on players,so i wish someone would tell me why this great club with great potential is always f***ing skint.:censored:

Thats better:lolol:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I would class Virgo as one of the biggest positives from last season, he broke into the team and made the right back position his own, Harding also came into the team and although some way behind Virgo showed enough to suggest that he will develop into a sound left back. I think it is somewhat harsh to suggest that the majority of our youngsters are crap, Robinson and El-Abd have also shown some promise, despite their age and lack of experience, the feeling I get is that MM wants to help them develop and give them a chance to succeed.

I can't see us going on a beaten run like we did last time in the first division, MM has enough experience at this level to ensure that doesn't happen, granted that I expect there will be times when we wonder where our next point is coming from but I am more optimistic that we will have the guile and ability to grind out some results. Something else I would add is that the four youngsters named above are the tip of the iceberg, they are the first product of our excellent youth set up to break through, I expect there to be many more over the next few years. Who knows, by the time we move into Falmer the majority of the team could be home grown, with the likes of Harding, Virgo, Robinson and El-Abd already well established.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
brighton rock said:
who going to get the goals this time around?

the whole point I was making was those players are still with us and two of them are the 3rd division 'standard' players everyone else is saying are not good enough.

McGhee has said he will only buy players who are actually going to improve the squad.
I think he has more faith in our team than the fans.
That has been born out by people writing off the team earlier this season when the lowest we dropped was to 8th place.
Sheff Wed and Grimsby would love to be where we are now.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
BensGrandad said:
I have no doubts that MM has set October as his decision time.

He has given players 3 months to prove themselves I believe that then and only then will he go to DK and say if we are in trouble I need x y z players have you got the money. By that time he will have had chance to appraise our possible future in this division.
Yes BG but mc ghee knows we need players fast and right now its bloody obvious or he is not a good manager or possibly blind.:lolol: :drink:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Yorkie said:

Charlie Oatway.

Yes yorkie i know,but that was the season before last.

Watford a must win them nout to play for!
wolves say know more bogey team:drink:

Albionite83

Aug 27, 2003
Gully said:
I would class Virgo as one of the biggest positives from last season, he broke into the team and made the right back position his own, Harding also came into the team and although some way behind Virgo showed enough to suggest that he will develop into a sound left back. I think it is somewhat harsh to suggest that the majority of our youngsters are crap, Robinson and El-Abd have also shown some promise, despite their age and lack of experience, the feeling I get is that MM wants to help them develop and give them a chance to succeed.

I can't see us going on a beaten run like we did last time in the first division, MM has enough experience at this level to ensure that doesn't happen, granted that I expect there will be times when we wonder where our next point is coming from but I am more optimistic that we will have the guile and ability to grind out some results. Something else I would add is that the four youngsters named above are the tip of the iceberg, they are the first product of our excellent youth set up to break through, I expect there to be many more over the next few years. Who knows, by the time we move into Falmer the majority of the team could be home grown, with the likes of Harding, Virgo, Robinson and El-Abd already well established.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Gully said:

I see your points very clear,but why not set them along last season thats what fucks me off??
I just don't get all the dribble that comes from mr mc ghee is just a load of tosh to cover the same old shit skint whats the budget where is the communication for christ sake as i feel like i hear 4 diffrent storys a week grrrrr.???

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Of course there is the argument that those who won't go to Withdean don't contribute anything to the club and money for wages Berky.

Going to away matches only gives money to opposing teams.

Don't complain about potless chairmen if you aren't prepared to pay yourself.

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
One thing I might add Berkshire, and I will probably get slaughtered for this but it is just my point of view, I never wanted MM to be our manager. His previous record wasn't good, generally he would leave a club if a better offer came along, a natural thing you might say wanting to better himself. After our managerial shennanigans of the last 4-5 years I was hoping for someone who would stick around for quite a while, not another quitter because things weren't quite as he liked them, that is the reality at our club, everyone knows it.

I have to admit that I was wrong, I saw an interview on the TV with MM and he came across as someone who was eager to do great things with our club and was willing to stick around and make things happen. His attitude towards the youngsters is symptomatic of someone who is building for the future and is prepared to accept that they may take time to cut the mustard, I can only assume that he treats them as he must have been treated as a player, for that I respect him. Only DK, MP and MM know how tight the budgetary constraints are at the Albion, I for one am happy to see that triumverate in charge, things could be far worse.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I believe that the major problem is the communication to the fans which DK said he would improve.

Every time we pick up the paper and read of somebody that we are reportedly interested in it is followed by the remark ' but they probably won't be able to afford him or meet his demands'. Then when the fans complain via Ian Harte's phone in or whatever DK says how good our budget is and that it is nowhere near the lowest in the division . Contradicting what the papers and M M have said. Which is correct?

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Yorkie said:
Of course there is the argument that those who won't go to Withdean don't contribute anything to the club and money for wages Berky.

Going to away matches only gives money to opposing teams.

Don't complain about potless chairmen if you aren't prepared to pay yourself.
He's potless im potless whats the diffrence we might aswell let the tea lady run the show.

The thing your missing yorkie is that there is money out there and i don't care what anyone says if dick walked we would be interesting many investors to take control.:p

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have to agree with BERKSHIRE about there being somebody with money and everybody knows that there are two such people in Brighton who DK will not approach for reasons best known to himself however perhaps that will be forthcoming when Falmer is granted.

As regards MM as written by Gully I believe that MM has reached a stage in his life when he has looked at his reputation of upping and running away and needs to re-establish himself as a reliable manager who won't up sticks and away at the drop of a hat and that he sees BHA as an ideal club with which to do that. The crowd potential is good, the prospects of new a stadium are good and the team should be capable of at least midtable in The champiopnship.

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
BensGrandad, I agree with you about MM, that is what I was trying to say in a roundabout way, my opinion of him has changed completely and I admit that my fears (thus far) have been misplaced. I do not doubt in any way his ambition to achive great things with the Albion, keeping us up this year would be a fantastic start, despite having taken us up with the team that Coppell built.

Stumpy Tim

Gully said:
Who knows, by the time we move into Falmer the majority of the team could be home grown, with the likes of Harding, Virgo, Robinson and El-Abd already well established.

Don't forget Hinshlewood, who seems to have learnt from his drink driving & is back in the fold. I have also heard great things about Ben Watson

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Stumpy Tim said:
Don't forget Hinshlewood, who seems to have learnt from his drink driving & is back in the fold. I have also heard great things about Ben Watson

And Chis Breach, Richard Watson, Steven Brinkhurst etc etc

I am sure Adam Hinshelwoods footballing ability was not affected by a drink driving conviction.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here