Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGhee not panic buying

mendoza10 said:
sometimes i did wonder what was going on?

Err...clearly, and you've not figured it out by now?

Strong defence, swift and direct counterattacks by some of the most talented forwards in the division?

Can you imagine your counterpart in Athens this morning saying that was the worst we've played since the fall of the Greek colonels, absolute rubbish, defensive football capped off by a few flukey 1-nil-ers?

Mendoza, the only time I've ever seen you in the flesh, so to speak, was when you were dancing on the touchline at the end of the Blackpool thrashing - I thought to myself, now, HERE'S a happy-go-lucky chap who gets things into perspective and enjoys his football.

But I just can't square that happy chappy with the majority of your miserly, begrudging NSC posts on the achievement of the team last season that even Scrooge might think was a bit downbeat and full on.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I still think that McGhee will wait for the decision on Falmer before investing in any new players, whether new purchases or loanees. Anyone expecting much in the way of new faces before the start of the new season is, I think, going to be very disappointed.

:nono:

Last edited:

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
memorys seem to be very short you need good division players in your ranks or your doomed butters and cullip were proved to be too slow for division one and knight is not proven at division one level.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Zebedee said:
I still think that McGhee will wait for the decision on Falmer before investing in any new players, whether new purchases or loanees. Anyone expecting much in the way of new faces before the start of the new season is, I think, going to be very disappointed.

:nono:
:lolol: what you on son dear o dear:lolol:
Makes no diffrence on the budget wether falmer gets the nod or not its still a few poxy years to wait even after the go ahead etc.

To be quiet blunt we will be skint for a fair few years while in falmer and i don't mean the sponsership ,or is mr knight goner find a fat wallet somehow mmmmm me thinks not.

Unless we get a new chairman or investors we have not much hope of getting decent players.:shootself :smokin:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
brighton rock said:
memorys seem to be very short you need good division players in your ranks or your doomed butters and cullip were proved to be too slow for division one and knight is not proven at division one level.

hhhmmm

Same team fighting relegation, gets new manager, same team get to playoffs and win.

What is the difference?

The manager.

We have a manager who can manage. He gets results out of the team that surprise us.
We will get some good loans in and McGhee will get the best out of the squad we have.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Buzza said:
He buzz head lets not forget im good at what i do and you are good at what you do.

Yes you may be smart on here i.e office bumpkin,but i can assure you im smarter than you think.:drink:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
berkshire seagull said:
Yes you may be smart on here i.e office bumpkin,but i can assure you im smarter than you think.:drink:

He's smarter than the average bear Boo Boo. :lolol:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
All I meant, Berkshire, was that if we don't get Falmer, the Board are even less likely to want to invest in the club and relegation will be even more on the cards. In other words, if the club does not have a future, why waste money on new players and trying to stay in the Championship? Money down the drain.

I can easily imagine DK thinking along these lines.

:eek:

Last edited:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Albionite83 said:
Harding this season. Robinson at some time. To describe all our youngsters bar Virgo as "crap" is completely ridiculous.
Look the fact is it is the unknown and thats not good enough for this division.
robinson has his qualitys we all know,but he where has he been or is mc ghee saving him for the championship this season:lolol: The club is working backwards big style.

Virgo massive improvement and the only one to get my vote for a solid season next season.

Harding is a 50/50 for next season,so to think we are gone rely on these youngsters is very laughable.:p

Is that our trio of super saviours:lolol: :lolol: :drink:

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
Yorkie said:
hhhmmm

Same team fighting relegation, gets new manager, same team get to playoffs and win.

What is the difference?

The manager.

We have a manager who can manage. He gets results out of the team that surprise us.
We will get some good loans in and McGhee will get the best out of the squad we have.

mcghee's not that good lady luck played alot into brightons promotion when leeds turn up down at withdean your going to need more than a few loaners

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You cant say that zebedee it is exactly what I said in a roundabout way about DK & MP knowing which way JPs decision was going to go prior to our promotion. I am a pathetic twat. You will probably get labelled the same by Large One.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
BensGrandad said:
You cant say that zebedee it is exactly what I said in a roundabout way about DK & MP knowing which way JPs decision was going to go prior to our promotion. I am a pathetic twat. You will probably get labelled the same by Large One.

I can take it. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. If I get some flack so much the better.

:smokin::D

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
brighton rock said:
mcghee's not that good lady luck played alot into brightons promotion when leeds turn up down at withdean your going to need more than a few loaners

And Dowie didn't have the rub of the green?

What has Leeds got left? Most of their names are gone now.

I'm not saying we can beat Leeds but we can beat Rotherham, Watford, Wolves, Forest etc
The majority of our squad played these teams only 18 months ago and did ok.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Zebedee said:
All I meant, Berkshire, was that if we don't get Falmer, the Board are even less likely to want to invest in the club and relegation will be even more on the cards. In other words, if the club does not have a future, why waste money on new players and trying to stay in the Championship? Money down the drain.

I can easily imagine DK thinking along these lines.

:eek:
O.k then so maybe every season ticket holder should ask for a refund as can't see dick reading across that line.:eek:
If the fans are going full pelt i exspect dick to go full pelt with confidence,so get yourself out of that little hole
:drink:

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
berkshire seagull said:
Look the fact is it is the unknown and thats not good enough for this division.
robinson has his qualitys we all know,but he where has he been or is mc ghee saving him for the championship this season:lolol: The club is working backwards big style.

Virgo massive improvement and the only one to get my vote for a solid season next season.

Harding is a 50/50 for next season,so to think we are gone rely on these youngsters is very laughable.:p

Is that our trio of super saviours:lolol: :lolol: :drink:

one birighton fan talking sence
palace have a top young striker by the name of williams and ha never kicked a ball in the first team last season not becauce he was not skillfull enough but because division was to strong for him.

why has knowone tryed to buy knight

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Yorkie said:
And Dowie didn't have the rub of the green?

What has Leeds got left? Most of their names are gone now.

I'm not saying we can beat Leeds but we can beat Rotherham, Watford, Wolves, Forest etc
The majority of our squad played these teams only 18 months ago and did ok.
That was the season before last yorkie and you will find our squad is rather weaker and not one proven goalscorer at this level.

Massive uphill battle,but still better than being in the 2nd:smokin:

Albionite83

Aug 27, 2003
berkshire seagull said:
to think we are gone rely on these youngsters is very laughable
There is a big difference between that and saying all the youngsters bar Virgo are "crap", which is what you said before and which I'm not sure you really mean. If you did really mean that, then I am very glad Mark McGhee is our manager and not you.

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
BensGrandad said:
The bookies think we will finish 5th Bottom above Burnley Rotherham Crewe and Gillingham, That will do for me next season. Then MM will have succeeded.

secound bottom on my site ,dam thats still one better than palace

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
berkshire seagull said:
O.k then so maybe every season ticket holder should ask for a refund as can't see dick reading across that line.:eek:
If the fans are going full pelt i exspect dick to go full pelt with confidence,so get yourself out of that little hole

I too expect DK to go full pelt, as you put it, and as true supporters we should demand no less. But DK's track record on investing in the team has not been good for many years and with all the current uncertainty he is likely to be more reluctant than ever to loosen the purse strings or borrow. I believe it would be a disaster if we went down again and I would like to see us borrow if necessary to buy the players we need to keep us up but I can't see it happening somehow. Just hope I'm wrong though.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here